If anyone’s having problems viewing the site… probably related to your browser. Specifically, the site is not loading in IE 6 or IE 7. Upgrade your internet explorer to 8.
We would like to thank everyone who responded to the call for help for MM. We are sorting through it and trying to figure out how to best utilize the offered help. Pls bear with us, as this process may take some time. jazakumAllahkhair.
Here are some “deep thoughts” from Shaykh Yasir Qadhi (you can follow him on twitter now) to help with open-thread thoughts!
- If you ever find yourself rushing through salat to make it to another engagement, it’s time to reorganize your priorities.
- As true love of Allah increases, yearning for worldly pleasures decreases.
- A Muslim’s honor lies in humbling himself completely before al-Azeez.
- One of the worst evils of public sins is that, even if you don’t do the sin yourself, it desensitizes you to the evil nature of the sin.
- Hammad b. Zayd asked his teacher, “Hasn’t knowledge increased in our times?” Reply: “People talk more, but real knowledge has diminished.”
- A son will never appreciate how much his parents have sacrificed for him, and how ungrateful he was, until he experiences parenthood himself
- Imam al-Shafi`i (d. 204) said, “Knowledge is not measured by how much is memorized, but rather by how much it is acted on.”
- When I know first-hand that any pleasure a sin gives me will be followed by deep regret and disgust, why is it that I continue to sin?
- It is impossible to expect someone to understand why music is haram when s/he has not experienced the sweetness of the Quran.