Islamic Art Feature: Pick of the Week 6/07/09

Welcome to the another edition of MuslimMatters.org’s regular Islamic Art feature. If you want to see your work on MM, then either email us your images to art[@]muslimmatters[.]org or submit them to our Flickr group.

Click on the images below to view the original.

Qasr al-Haj, by Mansour Ali

Qasr al-Haj, by Mansour Ali. Click on the image to read more about this impressive structure.

From My Bedroom Window, by Fear Allah

From My Bedroom Window, by Fear Allah

Read! by Umm Travis

Read! by Umm Travis

Masjid Al-Rahman, by Salman Jafri

Masjid Al-Rahman, by Salman Jafri

Visit the MuslimMatters Flickr group to view the other entries…

—
Note: all the images presented in our Islamic Art feature are copyrighted to the original producers. Do not reproduce them without seeking their prior consent.

Get more of our great articles.
10 / View Comments

10 responses to “Islamic Art Feature: Pick of the Week 6/07/09”

1. Ikram Hadi says:

MashAllah. I love second one. Reminds me of Iraqi sunsets, full of minarets.

2. iMuslim says:

Masha’Allah, it is a beautiful capture.

However, I’d like to see more images that don’t necessarily involve Islamic symbols, such as masajid and Qur’ans… The whole world is a masallah, so some Nature shots would be lovely. As would be shots of Muslims worshipping Allah through the enjoyment of His blessings: family, friends and community. :)

3. I really liked the first and last pics.
    The “Salat In Progress, Leave a Note!” pic from the Flickr group is quite cool too! I like the idea of it :)

4. Mansour Ali says:

All the work are great and perfect, congratulation for all and thanks for chosen my shot :)

5. Amad says:

The Qasr photo is amazing… it takes a gifted photographer to capture the majesty of something like this… great job!

6. Marya says:

Yay, the picture of Masjid ar-Rahman is stunning. Masha’Allah!

7. Mohamed Ali says:

I agree with Marya. The pic of Masjid Al-Rahman is wonderful.