Clarification and Notice | Sh Yasir Qadhi

A few months ago, an Islamophobic website posted an audio-clip in my voice, in which, so they claimed, I justify attacking all Christians. Based on this, they began claiming that I am a 'jihadist' preaching 'radical jihad' to Muslims in America.

Due to the preposterousness of the claim, and the xenophobic nature of those who propagated it, I felt it best to not even dignify this audio clip with a response, as anyone who has read my articles, taken my classes, or seen my videos will know this is completely untrue. However, recently, a number of other figures, including some esteemed religious pastors, have begun reiterating these same claims and spreading this audio clip. This has resulted in me receiving many queries, hate mails, and even death threats. Therefore, I feel compelled to respond to this audio-clip in order to clear up this fabrication.

This audio clip is a shoddy cut-and-paste job from a lengthy theological series (around 15 hours of audio) I gave many years ago, discussing the reality of the Islamic concept of shirk (associating partners with Allah). The series had absolutely nothing to do with politics or jihad. Rather, some theological statements from that lecture have been taped together and made to look political. The audio recording as it stands is a complete distortion. Someone literally took sentences from different parts of that series and constructed a very menacing sounding paragraph in my voice. As such, that paragraph in the audio clip is a complete fabrication.

In one section of that theological series, I discussed some of the differences between a category of shirk called 'major' and another called 'minor'. One of those differences involves the fact that the theory of an ideal Islamic government would not allow Muslims to openly practice idolatry, whereas other forms of shirk (viz., 'minor' shirk) would not be punishable by an Islamic State. (This would be similar to Moses prohibiting the Israelites to worship the Golden Calf). While the wording of that sentence could have been more precise, it is clear from the context of that sentence (which is not quoted in the audio clip) that I am discussing a theoretical Islamic state and attempting to clarify some of the differences between 'major' and 'minor' shirk (I also list five other differences).

In a different section of that series, I mention that believing that God has a Son, or worshipping Jesus, would be in contradiction to the Islamic concept of monotheism, and be classified as a type of shirk. This is a standard Islamic (and Jewish) doctrine.

In a third section of that series, I quote the Qur'an directly when it describes idolatry as being 'filthy'(similar to the Old Testament describing it as an 'abomination').

What this audio clip has done is to cut-and-paste these three statements (and more) in one paragraph, and thus give an impression that since Christians practice 'shirk', they should not be allowed to practice Christianity, and must also be 'filthy'. Of course, this shoddy cut-and-paste job flies in the face of Islamic teachings, and cannot be attributed to Islam or to me.

Never have I claimed that Christians need to be prevented from practicing Christianity, or that they are filthy. This is truly a preposterous claim, as even the most basic exposure to Islamic law would demonstrate that non-Muslims are allowed to worship according to their doctrines in an Islamic state. Therefore (and I have made this point many times in my lectures), if this is the case in an ideal and theoretical 'Islamic state', how can anyone claim that Muslims want to ban Christianity in a non-Islamic land?

In conclusion, my views on jihad can be heard in my lectures and read in my articles (a simple Google will show most of them). In addition, quite a few articles have been written about me and my work (in particular, I reference the New York Times Magazine cover article about me). My message has been consistent and clear: I am a Muslim theologian and teach (and preach) the theology of Islam, but I have never called for violence against any group or religion.

I have made mistakes in the past (and no doubt will continue to do so in the future); however, what this website, with its concocted audio-clip, is accusing me of is an all-out fabrication and sheer slander. It completely contradicts my talks, writings, public and private work, and indeed my own personal beliefs.

I hope this clarifies the misunderstandings surrounding this audio.

Yasir Qadhi

90 Responses

1. Ubaid Seth

I’m sorry you’re going through this, Shaykh. This is pure deception and a reflection of their own morals and values. If someone has to resort to lies to discredit you, I take that as a good indication that you’re doing well. May Allah bless you and your family for the service to the Ummah and I hope this doesn’t discourage any of our youth from pursuing Islamic knowledge.

• Liz Litts

You rag heads aren’t fooling anyone. Just try to steal our propetery and you will see aloa snack bar real soon.

• LoveYourNeighbor

“Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.” Liz Litts, you need to keep praying that prayer, and perhaps seek some anger management counseling.
        Dr. Qadhi, I am so sorry that these hurtful allegations were made against you.

• Old

Liz Litts, do you read? You cannot have read Dr Yasir Qadhi’s explication.

• Will

Liz, the two greatest commandments -according to Jesus Christ- are too love your God and to love your neighbor. As an example of who your neighbor is, he told the Parable of the Good Samaritan, in which multiple men of the victims own nation pass him by to avoid being “unclean” and yet his “neighbor” turns out to be someone who is his mortal enemy. This man gave a very plausible explanation fo rwhat happened with the original clip that was being shared around, yet you choose to ignore it simply because his name for God is different from yours. Ontop of it all, you disgrace your God and your faith by making such statements as you do in your post (by the way, those can actually be considered death threats which, being transmitted over the internet, is a felony offense. Jail time, anyone?) Lastly, before you assume I’m a follower of Allah and write this entire statement off, I was born and raised a Lutheran, which is the religion responsible for most every religion of the protestant (non-Catholic) variety today, but am now an atheist, which means I don’t believe in any of your imaginary friends.

• Lyñ Fallah

I’m so sorry you feel this way.
        I am a Christian and have many Muslim friends, they are the kindest friends and have helped me through many difficulties during the past 35 years.
        Yes, there are some radical extremists but not all Muslims are extremists.
        You’re missing out on some wonderful friendships with having your hateful attitude.
        And it seems to me that you’re the one spreading hate, not most muslims.
        Most muslims just want to live in a free society and be free to practice their religion, just like Christians. They are not trying to take over the United States and kill all of us.
        If you lose your fear and actually talk and get to know music them, you’ll find that yes, while there are some that hate us, there are many more who just wants to live in peace. You’ll find that the same is true for American’s too!

• sharon

But your quran tells you it is ok to lie to further islamic ideology. So we infidels cannot trust anything that you say! It is islam that tells you to deceive the world! That is because you worship a false god and false prophet who are inspired by satan himself. Your ideology contains all of the characteristics of satan that we are warned about by God and his son Jesus Christ in the Holy Bible. Turn to the one true God who is filled with love, not hate that allah demands you spread.

• Atif Siddiqui

Why should anybody “lie” to spread one’s ideas ?? Do you think we are fly-by-night salesmen ?? We are charging you for spreading Islamic ideology ?? We would “spread” it to you and then run away with your money ?? By the way – there is only one God……so no question of a false God.

• Ken Jennings

Your message of apology has been heard and understood by each person in the way that God , Himself would have each to percieve it. Enough said of your issue. My point being , that unless you have come to the United States of America to join us here in your search for a better way of life, then the preaching of your faith should be done back in your own homeland. This nation was founded by God fearing and loving men and women who sacrificed and strove to make a place where all could be equal. Our country I am sorry to say has faltered in it’s purpose by allowing the contamination of it’s belief system by many false doctrines being spread because we do believe in freedom for all. God Almighty and His Son Jesus , with the Holy Spirit must now rescue this land from the many satanic attacks being perpetrated in many names. I bear no personal malice toward you, but you have been led astray. There is only one true God , and one way to Heaven , Jesus Christ , King of Kings , Lord of Lords. Call on His Name and you shall be saved. You will begin to walk in the Light. Be blessed.

• Royce

Everything about Islam is detrimental to a free society. Freedom in itself is not part of Islam and Muslims are commanded to Lye to Non Muslims so who is to know if this Man is telling the truth or not. As Muslims you are sworn to convert, kill or enslave myself and all NON MUSLIMS. Want to be trusted? Renounce Islam for the abomination it is and come to the People of the Book. Come to the people whom believe in the one true GOD and not a false Idol. We await your arrival.

2. Shabeeb

I’ve undertaken many lectures and lessons from Sh. Yasir and it is very unfortunate that he is going through this. What’s pitiful is how can people who hear the audio conclude that this is what he’s preaching, the audio is clearly a cut and paste piece of junk. May Allah protect the Sheikh and make this situation easy.

3. Fatima

Assalamu alaikum Sh. Yasir,

May Allah Ta’ala help you through this ordeal, Aameen.

You should take legal action against slander with the help of MLF or other attorneys in your community in sha’ Allah.

• Shonna

That’s why you all have CAIR….right? CAIR, in itself is a terrorist organization. Your religion can’t coexist with any other. Why did you come to America?

4. Abdul Wahab Saleem

Over my years of being an avid follower of Sh. Yasir Qadhi and his thought, I have come across many who take him as a friend and a few who take him as a foe. I have never heard a more absurd allegation directed against Sh. Yasir than this. May Allah preserve and protect him!

5. alynch4047

It’s an irritation to have to respond to fabricators and liars but sometimes necessary. Your truthfulness stands in clear contradistinction to the lying efforts of these people. May God reward you for your patience, wassalaam, Abdulhaq

6. Nida

May Allah protect you and your family Shaykh. Its unfortunate that such garbage needs a response, but it does before it becomes too widespread. If you are getting death threats, I would suggest reporting them to the police and not ignoring them.

7. Abez

Yasir Qadhi’s work speaks for itself, and the fact that someone has to fabricate something to make him look bad is proof of that.

Ya Shaykh, May Allah reward you and increase you in blessings. May He preserve your “honor” in this world and raise you in ranks in Jannah, InshaAllah. :)

• Imtiaz Rashid

May Allah help all the scholars & Muslim Ummah in this difficult time & false propaganda of some groups for political gains….surely they will be defeated …Insha`Allah.

• Everyone's Mama Rachel

Sorry — the nutty CINO (Christians In Name Only) are dragging this fabrication around again in 2016.

• Lyñ Fallah

Amen. I will never understand the lies and hate of the people who call themselves loving Christians.
        May God forgive them.

8. Nam

SubhanaAllah. May Allah rectify your affairs, ameen

I don’t think we realize the struggles our shuyoukh go through to teach us. May Allah have mercy on them and protect them and their families, ameen

9. Muslims4Liberty

not acknowledging their propaganda and rhetoric is exactly what they want. They want to spread their hate unchecked. That’s why we created Muslims 4 Liberty. A group devoted to challenging the haters on their own ground, at their events, in front of their fans. Academic challenging, asking for references, challenging knowledge levels. All done in a respectful ‘guerilla activism” style.

The haters hate to be challenged, nice to see a mainstream islamic speaker finally bellying up to the bar.

• DBW

I am speaking as a Christian. And I am very sorry that Dr. Qadhi is having to deal with this xenophobic reaction and character assassination.

The problem is to acknowledge the propaganda is also what haters want. It does not matter if you answer or not. They will try to use your words or your silence against you either way. To use an old Southern American phrase (and please forgive the use of a non-Halal metaphor): “Never get in a wrestling contest with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”

It’s one of those issues where no matter what you do, the options are not good. That is perhaps why in the Proverbs of Solomon you have two sayings, “Do not answer a fool according to his folly,” and “Answer a fool according to his folly.” Sometimes it is useful, sometimes it isn’t–but it is always a challenge.

• Mimo

Can someone post the original uncut version??

• allan

as a christian you should not infer other Christians are pigs.Neither should you call others Phobic. that is slanderous and also an
        indication of hatred and discrimination which is counterproductive to the statement you are conveying is it not?

• Lyñ Fallah

I agree with you. I am a Christian and have Muslim friends, beautiful hearts and smart minded individuals.
        Seems to me like more Christians than muslims are spreading the hate.
        I know fear has a lot to do with it but if they trust and believe in God, what do they have to fear?

10. Swaleh

May Allah protect our shuyoukh and grant them steadfastness so that they can continue to benefit us with their great work, Ameen

11. Safa Anwar

Sheikh yasir, your best attorney is Allah SWT. InshAllah you will be given justice. I hope this hate clears up against you inshAllah.

12. Sheena

Yasir Qadhi’s work has helped me growing my knowledge and I can tell that the fabricated claims are far away from his and Islam’s teaching.

I pray that Allah make this ordeal easy for him and make him steadfast and protect his honor ameen

13. Allama Iqbal (@iqbaliyat)

If this is true then somebody is dedicating their time in doing this stuff to malign you. And for this matter they are ready to go to any extent to malign you. My advice is that you must take help from a professional lawyer who is trustworthy also. In fact I advice you to learn the Constitutional laws which are related to these events.
    This experience I am telling is based on Hollywood movies, believe me, there is a tinge of truth in such movies.
    Also if we look into the history of Islam, we can find such events. If we do not respond in a timely manner then it will be too late, History will repeat again.

14. Nadia

Alhumdulillah, Yasir Qadhi has helped me in many ways with his classes and lectures in guiding me to my Islamic faith. He is one of the most well-respected sheikhs out there and without a doubt what these Islamophobes are saying about him are truly disappointing and hurtful. Without him in this Ummah and his knowledge, I and other Muslims would be far away from where we stand now.

May Allah SWT help you Sheikh Yasir Qadhi and protect you from these claims along with your family as well, ameen.

15. Ummer Farooq (@faro0485)

I think rather than just making a statement, you should go after the makers of this and with a video… ask them why they cut and pasted your speech.

16. @stevestonesr

I stand by my Brother, Yasir, and know him to be a person of peace who works to unite people of all faiths at those points where we share common values. There are differences between all peoples of the major Abrahamic faiths, but what binds us together is plenty enough to work together for the common good, and to the glory of the one true God.

17. Halima

May Allah protect you from the defamers and fabricators. Us Muslims should help by donating to fund legal costs for you and for any other of our brothers and sisters who go through this all the time.

18. Habesha Muslimah

The muslim Ummah need precious Muslim scholars like sheikh Dr. Yassir Qadhi. I’m sure that Allah (swt) has guided many young Muslims through him to go back to their deen and practice it and I’m proud to say that I’m one of them! May Allah continue to bless him and may he protect him from all evils and reward him with the greatest rewards.

19. Amiyn al-Ansare

On the topic of Islamaophobia, Dr. Yasir, do you think it is worthwhile to debate Robert Spencer and David Wood (both of them in particular). I honestly am dissatisfied with the reality that they debate Muslims who are only about 60% prepared to correct the misunderstandings that these two men spread about various controversies such as the satanic verses incident, which you explained adequetely, barik ALLHU feek. I also dislike how they quickly jump to conclusions about certain personalities in Islamic scholarship being widely accepted by the masses of Muslims, but the do not appear to recognize those who strive to adhere to orthodox and those who do not ascribe to strange notions of such personalities.

In my humble opinion, you, barik ALLAHU feek, are likely the most prepared to debate these men in the manner which they public claim to seek:

Without relying on the ‘Tu quoque’ , which David Wood says is Muslims using biblical references or realities in Christianity to say that “your religion has these problems too”, and without denying early historical references. Clearly, these men to not often understand that unreliability of the references they use, but often their opponents are not expert enough to clarify this reality. You’ll see exactly what I’m talking about here in Wood’s debate with Ali Atie:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYyXGcZrMQc

20. Thomas Maynard

I guess the easiest way to refute the allegations in the video, is to post one where you say people of other religions are able to co exist in this country with out the fear of reprisals from another. Saying you didn’t say it……..is one thing. Saying you do not believe in what was said is another. It is well known that it is OK to lie to a non Muslim ……….so what was said here has to be taken with a grain of salt.

21. Samson Valnery

there is so much hate towards muslims it has began to make me sick just like christians have the radicals the southern baptist there are the radicals in the muslim faith just because there are a few bad apples does not mean all are and the christians can not say they have not stained their hands with blood at one time either look at salem and the grail wars just to name a few extreme radicalism is not new and to those who truly believe that we can live and let live thank you sorry you have to deal with these issues you face i have several friends who are muslim though i may not be they are and they are very dear friends of which i care very much for wish you the best of luck and may Allah your god bless you for being tolerant when so many who claim to be are not

22. Julia

If they have misused what you said to concoct their own story, it is a vile thing. But the war on propaganda on ‘both sides’ is thriving. And I find it hard to believe islam is willing to coincide peacefully with other religions. islam does not appear to be a very peaceful religion, and it seems to have zero tolerance for other religions. One simply needs to look around in the world, to see what happens in islamic countries to people of other faiths. You could argue that there is a peaceful majority, but that doesn’t seem to have much impact. my conclusion is that islam is a threat to us Christians and the western countries should be much more agressive in dealing with religious issues. We are MUCH too tolerant when it comes to other religions and that hasn’t brought us much good, so far. I am a very tolerant person and my faith has taught me to love and respect others, to show grace and to forgive. But multiple encounters have proven to me islam is NOT that kind of religion. It wants to conquer, and erase all that is different. So, talk about peacefully living together, seems to be an utopia. This will probably be proven in the reactions that may be given to my little contribution. I WISH we could live peacefully together, but both your book AND mine, tell a different story.

• Dave

I bought a copy of Reliance of the Traveller, which is the classic manual of Islamic sacred law, better known as Sharia Law. It continues to help me see who and what islam really is..

• Mansoor

You cannot recite Adhan (call for Muslim prayer) in public in Britain however there is no bar and you can hear church bells ringing on Sunday mornings all over my country i.e. Pakistan. Still Islam is blamed to be a threat to Christianity. You have to read the chapter on Mary in Quran to know how honorable Mary and Jesus are to Muslims.

23. Wayne

Interesting rhetoric.

Your words defended those Muslims who teach to kill Christians. So, I ask, which offends you more? The hideous teachers of murder, or that your words were used against you?

As a Christian, I am offended when someone says I am a polytheist. I am not, nor have I ever been a polytheist. So, had someone twisted what I have taught to imply I was a polytheist, I would be more offended by the polytheism than I would be offended by their use of my words.

Wayne
    Luvsiesous.com

24. Tabea

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu, dear brother Yasir,
    I’d recommend you to publish the original audio tapes. That’s the best way to prevent any misunderstandings and to completely clarify the video.

May Allah bless you and your family

25. David Dayne

What is your position on the genocide of Christians throughout the world at the hand of extremists or in the name of Ala or Muhammad?

26. Keith Henderson

We had the same type of problems when the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr. Restored the Church in 1830 …he received the Brass Plates of Laban & the Gold plates from the ancient American prophet Moroni. …which he translated from the modified Egyptian tongue into English. .hence we have the Book of Mormon for all of God’s childern. …but he was hunted and tares & feathered by the mobs ..eventually the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum Sealed there testimony in blood at the hands of mobs in Illinois.
    So yes individuals can take your words and twist them for evil designs….because of this type of behavior it wasn’t until Ronald Reagan was president of the USA that the law that was on the books in the state of Missouri was put away or removed since it was put into effect in the 1830’s …to kill all the Mormons in that state ..

27. Teressa

thanks for clarifying. I dont know ️you, but that someone would do that to you is just wrong. Keep teaching, and be blessed.

28. Earl

I carry bacon bites in my truck so I can bacon coat my money as I use it, I love going to Muslim stores and doing it,

please buy products from Muslim stores with bacon coated money, good day.

29. Brad

Clarification and notice to you. We know what your “holy book” commands you to do to Christians and Jews and how to treat them. People like myself listen to what Muslims like you say to each other, not what you say to the useful idiots here in America that think the way to have peace is to appease your cultish Sharia Law.. So this is fair warning. If you really think that Muslims are entitled to “take the property of Jews and Christians”, I live in Tampa Florida. I invite you to lead by example and try to take my property or my life. Another fair warning, you’re not going to be fighting an unarmed women or child. Bring it you [deleted expletives].

*This comment was edited by the MM Comments Team in order to comply with our Comments Policy*

30. Mohammed Khan

Dr. Yasir Qadhi,

May Allah protect you. I have found all your writings tolerant of all religions which is the case in Islam. Quran says “there is no compulsion in religion”.

31. Shannon Ealy

I don’t believe you, nor do I trust any Muslim. I have seen first hand the treachery and debauchery that goes with your faith. Pedophilic men and beaten obedient women. If you dislike what is said in my country, go back to your own, or stay and face judgement by me who are not afraid to bring violence upon you and your kind.
    I believe it was stated earlier that if you and other Muslims wish to live peacefully in our country you should show how much you dispise what is being said about you and what is happening with the “radical Muslims “. Stand up against them! Protest against them! I have yet to see one Muslim protest the acts of ISIS or ISIL. Pretty soon your neck will be against the knife and we won’t ask you to accept Jesus as your savior. Do the right thing and opinions could change.

32. Christian

To each and every muslim here .. search your hearts and minds on this .. which of you entertains Christian friends or has, at the very least, donated time, money, or effort, towards a single Christian cause in need of help .. ever? Why do you not even support your own? Where is your support? While you fight amongst yourselves over how to pray, who to believe, what parts of the quran you choose to believe and others to shelve, for now .. when will your religion ever be attractive towards everyone’s benefit .. not just your own .. you’ve got more than a little growing up to do.

• Aly Balagamwala

Dear Christian

I not only have entertained many Christian friends both in US and Pakistan but I have also donated to causes which were led by Christian organizations. I have done the same for Hindu, Jain, Sikh, Buddhist, Agnostic and Atheist friends as well. I have no qualms for supporting humanitarian causes regardless of which faith is spearheading the effort.

Best Regards
      Aly

*Comment above is posted in a personal capacity and may not reflect the official views of MuslimMatters or its staff*

33. Tanveer Chowdhury

Dear Shaykh Yasir- I stand with you InshaAllah. May Allah SubhanAllahu Ta’la help you through this trial, bestow his Rahma’ on you and on your family and give you the patience and the courage to overcome this. Ameen.

• Naima

Dear sheik Yassir,
      Remember what our prophet and the early Muslims have gone through. It is a test of Allah. In today’s time even if you are innocent such as in your case they will still find fault in you because they see Islam the problem and the more you practise Islam the more you are seen as a big threat. But remember the final judge is Allah. Keep doing what you are doing. Great sheik you are indeed and an inspiration for many. May Allah protect you from the evil of today and the judgement day , a meen.

34. Amber

May Allah swt protect you Shaykh Yasir, the truth will eventually prevail.Maa sha Allah,You have been a great mentor and a teacher.I have heard you speak nothing against Islam nor have you in your speeches encouraged Jihad.Our prayers are always with you.May Allah swt bring you out of this darkness with even more brilliance that you shine the whole world with your genuine knowledge of Islam,Ameen.
    For those who claim this land is theirs, to them neither does it belongs to them nor to us but the whole universe belongs to Allah swt.The one God and creator of the universe and if someone had any right to live on his land, then it is only justified that it be his worshippers and his obdient slaves.
    My religion,Islam for sure promotes peace and harmony.
    What about yours,hatred and racism?

35. Frank Driver

You claim in a non Islamic state that Christians would be allowed to practice their faith! I have a problem with a religion, being a form of Government! The term govern has meaning, which conflicts with religion! Islam is not any form of Justice and or free will! To educate means to learn both or all sides, freedom means to use that knowledge! Knowledge that men and women are equals, that religion does not make a person right! Nor does it make a person wrong! Here are things about Islam I dislike, it is wrong to lie period, character is character! Having different values with different people is wrong! I would like you to stand up against problems within this religion that are wrong! I would like for you to stop trying to justify wrongs within this religion! People are not perfect neither are all religions, especially Islam !

36. Mohamed Sulub

Asalmau Aleikum Sheikh Yasir,

May Allah’s peace, mercy, protection and blessings be upon you during this difficult time. All my prayers be with you in shaa Allah.

37. Clayton

As an American Christian, I wish to apologize. I am sorry for the way my “brothers” have treated you. We have sinned. We claim to follow Jesus, but yet we ignore his commands to love all people when we would rather fear and hate. I wish I could change their hearts. I am sorry.

38. Corporal Clegg

This is a lie. The only way an “infidel” can practice his/her religion in an islamic state is as a dhimi. The dhimi has no rights compared to a muslim. A muslim can graze his goats in the dhimi’s field and destroy his crops and the dhimi cannot question this because he is below the muslim and has no rights. If the “infidel” is allowed to practice their religion in islamic states why have islamic states forbid jews from enterning? As to preaching violence against others, the teaching and preaching of islam in and of itself is a preaching of violence against the “non-believers”. Smite them (the non-believers) at their necks. I guess in arabic language “smite” has a non violent meaning.

39. Joy

Dear sir,
    As a Christian, I would like to apologize for all the hateful comments which have been made previous and post to mine. I don’t agree with your statements, on the supposedly falsified post or this one. However, if what you say is true and that video was a fake, I’m truly sorry. We are taught in the Bible that lying is a sin and unacceptable. We are also taught to love our neighbors, enemies, those who hate us and curse us; because when we speak or act we are not just speaking or acting for ourselves, we are representing God.
    Our holy book tells us to “Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16) It also states “Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.” (1 Peter 2:12)
    That is why it is heartbreaking for me to read the unbelievable comments made by some of the people on this post who claim to be Christians but aren’t exhibiting Christ’s love or conduct. It is not for us to judge the world, but to love it.
    Again, I am sorry for the injustice done to you, and (I mean in no way to offend you when I say) I pray that God will bless you, keep you, and make His face to shine upon you, that you would know Him and be saved.
    To all Christians reading this post: PLEASE think before you speak, act, comment, and threaten: “Is this something Jesus would say?”, “Will this be edifying?”, and “Will this glorify God?”

40. Nancy Savignac

I am a Christian. I am called by Christ to love everyone and that includes Muslims, even the kind who don’t like me much. I think most Muslims are loving caring people. We must all pray. Nancy

41. Carlos

I personally have nothing against individuals of any religious affiliation that understand the individuals rights of life And freedom , and I understand that in every culture nation and religion there is things that sometimes make no sense to others but when it comes to the Islamic idiology , culture and religious believes in general is really hard for me to understand how overall in general in the Islamic culture there is little or cero tolerance toward diversity specially in nations where Islam is the dominant factor but these people expect others to be tolerant toward them , most non Islamic nations in the world are tolerant to have Mosques in their territory’s but it’s impossible to have a church or a sinagogue in some Islamic nstions

42. Carol

I think it’s sad that thinking that God made all these races and has allowed many religions to exist today, to give some muslims the right to think they can force other’s to submit to a god of war. To think that the arabic language is the only language recognized by god is insane. Please let other’s live how ever they choose…in the end they will give account.if that’s to hard for you then move out of the USA because inciting terror is not welcomed.

43. B Wilson

From a follower of Jesus to a follower of Allah – peace be to you.

I am sorry that you have suffered this slander and the associated persecution. It revolts me.

I will pray for you, and of your charity, pray for me.

In peace and mutual respect,

– A Christian

44. Bowie

Well I certainly hope you don’t think you can just take properties from Christians and Jews in the democratic world – unless you would want to spend some time in a penitentiary! Thou shalt not steal.

45. Antonio Garcia

The Koran encourages Muslins to kill Christians and Jews and lie about it if it suits them (taqiyya).that is the problem

46. Patrick

#Taqiyya!
    REALLY? Show my a Christian Church in Saudi Arabia? Lmao

47. Brian

I appreciate your explanation. I came across the recording and it was very disturbing, especially the part describing how Muslims can take lives and property of infidels. But, in light of the violence propagated by followers of Islam onto the world over the past few years, it is hard to ignore such recordings. I believe it is time that mainstream Islam stand up and denounce the actions of radical Jihadists. Some Moslems have done that individually, but the recognizable organizations (CAIR, MSA, etc…) have taken steps to impose the responsibilities to non-muslims to conform to sharia, even going as far as lobbying for laws t make it illegal to be critical of Islamic practices.

• Daniel

Yes, perhaps he can help clear this up by clearly stating when and under which circumstances Muslims are allowed or not allowed to take the lives and property of Jews and Christians. Perhaps he can comment on how Muslims all over the world are killing infidels and taking their property (in particular, ISIS, of course). I would be very interested in hearing his comments on this.

48. Inshirah

I ask Allahswt to Protect you and the Loved Ones…Always, to accept your Service and Sacrifice and to Bless you with the Highest Rewards…Aameen!

49. Rick Halpern

It’s obvious that your correction did not include how you want to treat Jews.
    All Islamic attempts to wage war on Jews & Israel will ultimately fail.
    Islam’s major contribution to the modern world is terror. Not much of a religion of peace.

50. Syed Kamal

Professor you are a liar, pure and simple. Now that people are aware of your philosophy and the environment has changed you are changing your tune. The medieval ideas you expressed are fully endorsed by the Qaran your holybook. Your explanation is just a turn to avoid consequences of your true beliefs.

51. Stacie L Moore

All of the world’s major religions have one core message… “Do unto others as you would have it done unto yourself”. This is also known as the Golden Rule, you reap what you sow, etc. Anything that goes against this spiritual law will wreak destruction upon itself… Could this be why the Middle East is in such turmoil? Ask yourself, dear professor, is this stuff you’re teaching to other human beings going against this universal law? If so, then you are teaching destruction… which is evil. If not, then you have no need to defend yourself.

52. Eric Taylor

Centuries of existence, still Tribal Law ensues. A quick definition from the Cambridge Dictionary – TRIBALISM: a very strong feeling of loyalty to a political or social group, so that you support them whatever they do! Carry on!

53. Imran

You said it was from a speech you did 15years ago does that mean you think about cheistian like that at that time and that was your thoughts?

54. Gary

BS, How do you feel of what happened to the Armenians, Coptics and Greeks? Renounce those attrocities on video, and I may believe you. But your religion has a 2000 year history of genocide.

55. John Smegly

I can accept much of your statement except this : “This is truly a preposterous claim, as even the most basic exposure to Islamic law would demonstrate that non-Muslims are allowed to worship according to their doctrines in an Islamic state.” Christians are NOT allowed to worship “according to their doctrines” in an Islamic state. In every Muslim country Christians live a dhimmmi and must hide their faith. Historically, they’ve even been forced to wear yellow badges (like the Nazis did to the Jews) and pay punitive taxes. In many countries, not only are they not allowed to openly practice their faith, they are specifically targeted FOR their faith and blood-libel is spread about them to encourage their murder. An in still more countries – the Islamic State would be one – even being identified as Christian makes them a target for death. In pretty much every Muslim country, the accusation of “blasphemy against Mohammed” is thrown against Christians regularly with the purpose of persecuting them and taking their stuff. So, this portion of your statement is clearly taqiyya. There are also many hadith in which the principles that you lay out in the doctored video are clearly stated – that Christians are considered “accursed” by Allah and their wives, children, and property are forfeit. In one particular hadith Mohammed basically says “See that Infidel’s house – he is cursed by Allah and his stuff belongs to you – take it!” So, claiming this is not Islamic doctrine is also taqiyya whether its a belief you hold or not.

56. Strong Faith Christian

Is it not, written in your Quran, telling you it is ok to lie and deceive Christians? And you now want us to believe this B.S you are trying to push out your mouth. As the name implies,so does the standard of being. You parade your religion as peaceful, and it is not by the admission of your Quran. doesn’t matter if you are radical or not, your Quran tells you to kill,rape,enslave in the name of Allah. Christians serve a Living God.He commands us not to lie,steal,rape or murder. The Islamic Muslim faith, cannot say that, without lying.

57. Terry

The problem, as I see it, lies squarely with the Muslim faith. We read, and hear, daily the words of hate towards others in the Islamic holy text. Yes it is written and therefore cannot be denied by any one who follows the Islamic faith. In this country Americans see and hear many Muslim holy leaders speak of hatred towards others. Mainly hate towards westerners and towards Isreal. I have heard lessons being taught to school children to kill the Jews. We also see and hear on a daily basis of Christian’s being kidnapped, tortured, and killed by Muslims. What I have not seen are Christains bombing or beheading Muslims. Yes, I have seen footage of many Muslims celebrating the 9/11 attacks even in this country. I will openly admit that we have our own nut cases such as Timothy McVay and the Westbourgh Baptist. The main difference is that our own nut cases are few where we hardly ever experience any trouble from those few and when we do, we see the vast majority publicly denounce these freaks. With the Islamic faith, on the other hand bombings, killings, and other criminal acts occur on a daily basis. I will also add that we vary rarely see vast majority of Muslims denouncing these terrorist acts. I would be ashamed if I were a Muslim in the fact that when a bombing occurs people automaticly think blame Muslim and 9 out of 10 times are correct in their assumptions. To say the problem is not a problem with Islam is foolish. Especially when these Islamic problems have been present through out the centuries.
    Call me a racist if it makes you feel better, however my thoughts of Muslims being savages comes directly from the ideals and actions I have seen concerning the Islamic faith. Maybe a Muslim can explain the treatment given to women treating them worse than animals in many Muslim countries. Family I have living in Europe have told me of the many savage actions of Muslim refugees in Europe and say this is not of a few but of the majority. What I have seen of the Muslim behavior in this country so far makes me believe that my government is not considering the safety of the civilians.