MuslimMatters is excited to welcome Haleh Banani on board, a trained and experienced psychologist and practicing Muslim sister. She has a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Houston, and over 10 years experience in diagnosing mental and emotional disorders and administrating programs of treatment.  She has given inspiring lectures in the U.S., Dubai, Jordan and Egypt. Read more of her biography here. Haleh will be helping MM take the next great leap in helping our communities and families by providing information that will help the healing process where psychological disorders or social problems are taking a toll. We are formulating a column where Haleh will answer selected reader questions on a periodic basis. If you have suggestions of what you would like to see, feel free to add them here.

Join us in welcoming Sr. Haleh!

Do You Understand Yourself? Psychology in the Light of Qur'an and Sunnah

If you are breathing and interacting with others you need psychology!  You may think that psychology is just common sense and not really a necessity.  But I beg to differ.  Limiting beliefs and cultural taboos of “shrinks” may be hindering you from seeing the value of what this field has to offer.  Now, I'm not suggesting for all of you to run out and make an appointment with the nearest therapist, but what I am asking from you is to have an open heart and an open mind while reading my articles.  If your cup is full or turned upside down you will not be able to receive any benefit.  Knowledge of psychology can either simply enhance your life or completely transform it. In my practice, I have worked with many suicidal clients that had lost their will to live.  Using psychology in the light of Qur'an and Sunnah, they not only choose to live, but they are living with purpose celebrating life, alhamdulillah.  Psychology can help you to understand yourself, which will affect every aspect of your life.  By understanding yourself you will be much more capable of relating to others.  That means having a better relationship with your spouse, raising your kids with ease and deliberateness, learning to be a better friend, and achieving success at school or work.

Learning psychology can help you to understand yourself on a whole new level.  It's absolutely fascinating to learn how your psyche works – what makes you tick, what motivates you, how to overcome fears and phobias.  Once you know how your mind works, you can start programming yourself for success. You no longer have to stumble upon  success  – you can aspire, plan and achieve while putting your complete trust in Allah. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust in Him (Surah Al-Imran 3:160). You will no longer be at the  mercy of other peoples' approval or validation because you can learn to accept yourself and in accepting yourself you can accept others.  In learning about behavior modification, you can learn how to motivate yourself and others to make that oh so necessary change; like shedding 20 pounds, giving up bad habits, forgiving others, controlling your anger and getting organized.  Allah will never change the state of the people until they change themselves (Surah Al-Anfal 8:53).

If it's not motivation you are lacking, you can learn to cope better with all of life's challenges. Learning coping skills can be a matter of life or death. Thousands of people die due to heart attacks and strokes because they never learned to cope with the daily stresses. Your outlook on life can become optimistic by becoming aware of your internal conversation which is called self-talk and you can even reinvent yourself by vigilantly avoiding negative thoughts the way you would avoid a poisonous snake. The pursuit of happiness has to begin within.  If you don't like yourself, you can't expect others to make you happy.  Once you like yourself, you will be able to embrace the people around you and focus on giving to them on a deep, emotional level.  Each one of these concepts I have mentioned requires an article to explain; however this is an introduction to the psychological material I will be covering insha'Allah.  Consider this article as a preview of coming attractions!

When you start becoming happier with yourself, the first people who will notice the change will be your friends and family.  Your relationships with them will improve significantly because you will no longer be consumed with your inadequacies.  Learning to accept yourself with all your shortcomings and imperfections will make you less judgmental of others.  You will be able to be more tolerant and respectful of people even if they are not your ideological clones.  Many times we classify differences in others as flaws and we quickly dismiss them.  This way of critically judging everyone prevents us from achieving a higher level of empathy and insight.  Many times in hearing different perspectives, we broaden our understanding and become more compassionate.  This compassion is essential within families. Kind words and forgiving of faults are better than Sadaqah (charity) (Surah 2 Al-Baqarah:263). Genuine acceptance, sympathy and forgiveness creates an environment conducive to effective communication and conflict resolution.  Learning the fine art of expressing your needs and resolving problems could drastically improve the quality of your family life.

As you nurture yourself  and improve your family life, you will become more at peace, exuding  happiness and confidence which will make you  more appealing. But all the appeal in the world cannot compensate for a lack of interpersonal skills with your spouse.  Having the skills to nurture this vital relationship and the diplomacy to resolve conflicts will transform your married life.  He grants wisdom to whom He pleases; and whoever is granted wisdom is indeed given a great wealth (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:269). When you acquire the necessary tools  and wisdom to nourish your relationship, serenity will descend and difficulties will become more manageable.

Having a strong and stable relationship with your spouse should be a prerequisite to having children because of the impact it has on their personalities and their lives.  Not only do people lack the skills or role models in having an efficacious relationship, they also believe they can just improvise on parenting without any prior training or knowledge.  Ask people of knowledge if you do not know (Surah Nahl 16:43). It's disheartening  to know that a person is required to take courses and seek training from experts in order to drive or hunt, but when it comes to becoming a parent and raising the future generation there are absolutely no criteria.  Seeking knowledge within psychology regarding effective parenting and applying the beautiful example of our beloved Prophet (peace and salam upon him) will enable us to have a map which will guide us in the rugged and unpredictable terrains of parenting.

Empowered with the knowledge of psychology within the Islamic framework will have you parenting with ease and deliberateness, while reaping the rewards of gratifying relationships. You will introspect and understand your emotions, which will enable you to be more accepting of yourself and others.  Aspirations will be achieved with simple guidelines when accompanied with perseverance and trust in Allah.  It is my hope that this article has wet your appetite for learning more about psychology in the light of the Qur'an and Sunnah, insha'Allah.

73 Responses

1. Arif Kabir

JazaakAllahu Khayran for this – can’t wait to read your articles explaining the topics mentioned above in more depth! Mabrook on joining the MM Staff!

On a side note, it says on your biography, “psychoanalyzing everyone”. It sounds lighthearted, but is this part of what you do as a psychologist? I didn’t know psychoanalysis was a method used by Muslim psychologists (a lot of Freud’s theories practices seemed unusual to me) so I was just curious.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• Haleh Banani

Thanks – I was just joking about psychoanalyzing – should of just said analyzing.
      I’m a cognitive-behavior therapist that does solution- based, short term therapy
      so I don’t delve much into psychoanalysis.

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

2. Sayf

Welcome to the family Sr. Haleh! I’m very excited to read insightful pieces from the world of clinical psychology. A really awesome addition to the already stacked author lineup. Excellent work MM!
    May Allah accept the strife in his cause and shower us in blessings! Ameen.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 1

3. abu Abdullah

jazak Allah Khayr. barak Allaah feek. salamualaikum.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

4. Zeba Khan

I am really looking forward to some articles that address mental health issues from an Islamic perspective. I’ve always thought that ‘Don’t be Sad,’ and ‘There is no such thing as depression in Islam’ are two very flawed statements that prevent Muslims from seeking spiritual and psychological help by outright denying the problem.

So sister, any advice for young mothers out there struggling with post-partum depression? I know a few myself, and would love to refer there to Muslim Matters rather than a secular or un-Islamic source that may not have relevant solutions.

JazakAllahuKheiran!

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

5. Muslim

Mashallah a great idea to add to this already awesome website! Can’t wait to read those articles sister. Welcome to MM

6. Sister

Masha’Allah how exciting! I am a sister who plans to be a psychologist one day InshaAllah in order to please Allah and then serve the community (and yes, our community has a lot of issues! subhanAllah walhamdulillah!). It’s SO encouraging to see a sister writer here who I can look up and hopefully be in touch with about my future ambitions. Good work for bringing Sr. Haleh on board, MM!

Is there any way I can personally reach sr. Haleh?

• Haleh Banani

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I’m glad that there is such an interest in my topic. I get excited when Muslims enter the field of psychology. It is so needed! Insha’Allah you will be successful. You can contact me at: psychology@muslimmatters.org

7. Amad

I think the addition of Sr. Haleh is an incredibly important step for MM, and we are so glad and thankful that she chose to join our team.

• Haleh

Thanks everyone for your support. It’s wonderful to be a part of this team! Insha’Allah that it will be empowering!

8. Sally

Welcome! I am excited to read your writing. I’ve always felt that psychology and Islam complement each other so well. So many ayat and ahadeeth talk about the “nafs” and the “heart” and really directly address the psychological components of our human experiences. Take, for example, the morning and evening athkar. All those beautiful duaas are like daily affirmations of the abundance in our lives, and the protection of Allah for us while we work, and our satisfaction with Allah (swt) and prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as our prophet. It’s very powerful and simple way to appreciate the blessings of Allah. The Quran and Sunnah explain in clear terms how to think and act to be successful human beings (aka psych of how to be exemplary role models for humanity) and so much benefit can be reaped from this “divine counseling” =)

• Haleh Banani

Your so right! I always say that there is so much psychology embeded in the Quran and
      everything in the sunnah guides us to being more mindful. I like what you said about the
      the athkar being a daily affirmation and the divine counseiling – so true :)

9. sister

assalamualkum sister,

welcome .Jazakumallahu khairaan for sharing.

10. Ahmed

Salam,

Very nice article, I have been trying to find books on this subject. Especialy related to the the way the Prophet taught people and its psychological explanation. The few books I found in Arabic were disapointing they were too technical, rather than providing fine exposition of psychological explanations of the Quran or Prophetic way of teaching. The books I have come across so far are:

Al-Quran wa Uloom Al-Insaan,
    Quran Kareem Aur Ilmul Nafs , Usman Najati
    Marifatu Nafs Al-Insaaniy Fi Al-Quran wa Al-Sunna , Sameeh Atif Zain

If you know of any good resources on this subject it would be appreciated !

11. Farooq

Raising children, dealing with misbehaving teens, how to attract your enemies, how to create and understanding between parties that refuse to compromise or budge are things that I would like addressed.

Congradulatins to Heleh Banani and MM. This is a lacking department amongst Muslim communities.

12. Um Nuh

Asalamu alaikum,

This is a topic of great interest to me, Alhamdulilah. I have personally experinced mental health issues within my family. Would be interested to know if you will be covering any particular illnesses such as depression, Bi Polar etc.

13. Amatullah

Welcome to MM sister Haleh, looking forward to your column! may Allah increase you in beneficial knowledge and deeds.

14. A Single Mom

Ma sha Allaah, Psychology in the Light of Qur’an and Sunnah starts to put teeth to Sister Zainab’s article The Lost Boys (and Girls): Bringing Back Young Muslim Teens. Like Brother Farooq, look forward to future articles on dealing with misbehaving teens. In particular, I would like guidelines on: 1) how much we can impose; and, 2) how much bandwidth do we give teenagers in the hope and prayer that they will eventually find As-Sirrata Al Mustaqeem for themselves.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

15. Ify Okoye

Welcome to MM, I’ve been thinking about going into clinical psych, I’d love to hear more from a fellow Muslimah on issues pertaining to psychology. It’s not unusual to find myself the only one in class disagreeing with a statement from one of my psych professors, arguing instead from an Islamic framework or belief.

16. FearAllah

Awesome, would love reading more on this topic inshaAllah!

17. Yasir Qadhi

Salam Alaikum

Mabruk Sr. Haleh, I’m really happy that you’ve joined our team, and look forward to reading your articles!

Yasir

18. Muhammad

Jazakillah. I’m taking Psychology 101 this year and I really really like it. Like you said, I can know myself better. Alhamdulillah.

19. Sayf

And we were just talking about better role models for the youth….hehe.

20. faisal siddiqi

Salaam, welcome Sr. Haleh! Mubarak on joining the team! As someone who has been in therapy with psychiatrists and psychotherapists, I’m really looking forward to your articles and your insight on psychology from an islamic perspective Insha’Allah!

21. Mar

Asalaamu Alaykum,

I just want to say that I’m REALLY excited about this topic and very much looking forward on reading more about it! :) Insha’Allah

Barak Allahu Feek.

22. Sadaf Farooqi

My sentiments exactly!

Welcome abroad Haleh. Psychology is one of my interests, particularly as Allah has alluded to human psychology so often in the Quran.

I really look forward to reading your articles, insha’Allah!

23. disturbed muslim

Assalamu’alikum

Recently in a fit of anger, I hit my mum quite badly. The other week I said the most disgusting thing to her. I am known amongst the circles as someone ‘practising’ doing hifdh wa dawah – I just don’t understand why I did it and it is killing me. I fear Allah is going to debase me in this life and as I type my tears are flowing knowing that I have done bad. Just a warning to you all that shaytan can get you to do some evil things. Hows does someone make sense of this?

• Haleh Banani

Wa alaikomos salam,
      When there is a lack of congruency between what we believe and our actions we will feel a great amount of pain, confusion and remorse. You obviously know what’s right and wrong or else you would not feel so down. Focus on creating congruency between your image and your authentic self by not altering your behavior when your at home. It may require you to imagine a respected person being next you – this will deter you from doing shameful acts. In order to overcome your feeling of guilt you have to do 2 things: Ask Allah to forgive you and kiss your mother’s hands and feet beg her to forgive you – for she is your way to heaven. It is through forgiveness that you will ease your heart. You obviously have anger issues that you need to address. Get help before you do more things that you will regret. Join an anger management class – seek a Muslim therapist. This problem will not just go away – you need to take massive action to make a change. You definitely have repressed issues with your mother – regardless of your past there is no justification for what you have done. The sooner you understand your issues with your mother – whether there are feelings of anger, resentment, abandonment or rejection you need to come to terms with it, understand it, correct it and move on.

May Allah help you to overcome these issues & gain congruency in your life.

Haleh

24. Fozia

Excellent article, this part stood out:

Once you know how your mind works, you can start programming yourself for success. You no longer have to stumble upon success – you can aspire, plan and achieve while putting your complete trust in Allah. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust in Him (Surah Al-Imran 3:160). You will no longer be at the mercy of other peoples’ approval or validation because you can learn to accept yourself and in accepting yourself you can accept others.

For too long in my life, I have been too stubborn to give in to what is expected of me. But not strong enough to make a solid decision – almost always because I have sought acceptance from my mother and family. I have come to a stage in my life where I have realised that if I don’t try to change my mind set myself, I will waste the rest of my life in seeking acceptance.

All I want to know is that Allah(swt) will not be displeased with me and that will give me strength the go forth inshaAllah.

JazakhAllah Sr Haleh, may Allah reward you for inspiring words. Do keep me in your duas.

25. elham

I don’t think there is anyone who doesn’t want to know themselves better. Psychology interests everyone!.

BarakAllahu feeki Sr Haleh, may Allah increase you and us in knowledge that will bring us closer to Him.

26. Muslim

Mashaa Allah, Rabena yebarek Sr Haleh. Looking fw to read your articles. Is there a possibility to include ones speaking to the teens because they really need it.

27. Mona

Salam Alykum Haleh
    I am thankful to Allah for this blessing. I am looking forward to all the insights you will shed a light on. Whoever is reading this, get ready for an enlightened discourse. This makes up a bit for what we miss Haleh.!!!
    May Allah light your way and guide your steps in this wonderful endevour.

• Haleh Banani

Wa alaikomos salam Mona,
      Thank you for the beautiful dua – may Allah light ALL our paths!
      Your very generous in your compliment – I’m looking forward to
      getting your feedback :)

28. Farweez

MashaAllah. this was one article I wished there was more to read. please keep writing. Jazakumullah Khair

29. africana

we should not discount the possibilty that we may be afflicted by jinn disturbances or even partial or full body posession sometimes, as a result of black magic, either. this is well documented in the quran and hadith.

30. ivoryTower

It is my hope that this article has wet your appetite

This should be:

It is my hope that this article has whetted your appetite

Could the admins or someone proof reading the articles please correct these types of errors before publishing? It detracts from an otherwise fine article.

Jazakallahukhair

31. Mumin

Alright then sister, let me throw this question in the ring, and see if you can answer it:

What is the proper balance for Muslims, when it comes to being serious, and when it comes to being more relaxed, and warm to other people?

Because we all know, when you are deep in concentration, (like planning your life to die as the most obedient slave to Allah you can be) you are not in a very playful mood and must utilize every brain cell of the body to support this thought. It’s like immersion.

So, is it permissible to not be so friendly in these times?

32. Najat

Dear Haleh,

Thank you for posting this article. All the points you highlighted about accepting oneself and thus being less judgmental of others and being compassionate, nurturing oneself and improving family life, the importance of having a strong and stable relationship with your spouse as prerequisite for becoming a good parent are all matters we strived with throughout our lives. However the part you where you mentioned “The pursuit of happiness has to begin within”, hit a cord. It is so true as I experienced it first hand when I was struggling with my grief. Looking forward to the rest of your articles.

Jazaki Allah kheir my friend.

Truly informative and inspiring just like yourself.

33. Sarah

Masha’Allah! Jazaaki Allahu khairan for this excellent article! :)

I am beginning to delve into a career in the field of psychology so your input and insight based on your experiences are most appreciated! May Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) reward you for your contributions to the Muslim community as well as Muslim Matters and allow these efforts to weigh heavily on your scales on the Day of Judgment. Ameen!

34. Kaltham

Masha Allah tabaraka Allah… I loved reading this article and definitely am looking forward to more insha Allah. This is very similar to the path I want to take my career to so I’m inspired in many ways. May Allah bless your efforts, guide you and guide others by you ukhtah!

The topics you addressed in the article have been things I’ve been wondering about and realizing lately. Specifically speaking about loving yourself and forgiving yourself and others. Sometimes we don’t realize that the problems we might have with others is not coming from them, rather coming from within ourselves and that we actually have the power to eliminate them if we are willing to stand up to ourselves and correct ourselves. It takes a lot of courage to do this. It takes a lot of honesty with ourselves. We must be willing to analyze ourselves and reflect on our feelings and emotions. And when we open our hearts and minds to the book of Allah and the sunnah of His beloved messenger salla Allahu alayhi wassalam, we find an abundance of cure to that which we struggle with at a deeper level. The beautiful part of all of this is when you actually recognize your inner weakness, it becomes a struggle to get better… and this is what rasoolu Allahi salla Allahu alayhi wassalam called alJihad alAkbar: Jihad Annafs! May Allah increase us all in beneficial knowledge… I’m so happy this started on MM!

Fi Amaani’Laah

P.S. Someone mentioned the morning and evening adhkar… subhanna Allah, they are like a shot of spiritual, emotional and physical energy twice a day! I honestly feel the difference in how I feel when I miss them… May Allah grant us all consistency in our worship.

• Haleh Banani

Thank you! I’m glad that you enjoyed it. The characteristics that bother us in others are usually our own shadows-the side of ourselves we dislike and try our best to suppress. When we realize this we are less harsh on others and more forgiving.

Your right that it does take a lot of honesty and courage to conquer our shortcomings. Beautifully said. May Allah strengthen us all to overcome our weaknesses and to be empowered as an ummah!

35. Abdullah

Asalaam alaikum warahmatulah wabarakatuh sister Haleh Banani.

I’m thinking of studying Psychology in university in the UK.

Can you tell me what Clinical Psychology consists of? How did you find it as a course and as a job? Does it consist of memorizing studies (i hate that)? Or is it more about implementing psychological skills acquired?

What does your job consist of?

I just want to know more about your study in University, and then your job role as it evolved from beginner stages to more advanced. And how much benefit it could have in poorer countries?

Jazakillah khayr. I hope you can answer my questions.

• Haleh Banani

Wa alaikomos salam wa rahmatulahe wa barakatu,

Clinical psychology consisted of 60 hrs. credit in the masters program – I chose it because it was the most challenging and it required double the amount of credit hrs. Educational psychology and family therapy only require 30-32 hrs. Some of my fondest memories are from grad school – I found
      it very stimulating and insightful. There is of course some level of memorization, but the majority of the classes are hands on. The final year in Grad school there is a 6months -1 year internship where you can choose from various places to practice being a therapist. I did my studies in the states so it may differ in the UK.

My job varies from helping people live to their highest potential to preventing them from taking their own lives. There are times I help couples overcome their difficulties and other times I help individuals cope with their fear, anger and stress. It is always mentally stimulating and no two cases are ever the same.

The information I have learned as a therapist has helped me to be a much better mother and spouse alhamdulillah. It has given me insight into others which I find to be invaluable. I think that knowledge of psychology is helpful
      in all circumstances. In poorer countries, you can use your skills as a therapist to help individuals cope with their hardships and traumas.

Insha’Allah that you will be successful!
      Haleh

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• Brother

Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa baraakathu,
        What about operational psych? I want to do something in between applied and clinical psych. Please Advise

36. abbasi

thank you so much for such a nice publication it proved helpful to me as am student of psychology

37. abbasi

interesting to know hat so many students of psychology are are replying to this info……….nice so many

38. zarnaz

aasalam u alekum
    im a house wife…mother of two…..im suffering from anxiety and panic attacks i dont want to got to a shrink as i feel that if we have faith in A llah we can work our way and that is the reason why im still have a not so normal life but i really wanted to talk to someone who has a religious background can u help me plzzzzzzzzzzzz

39. Ain

i’m now studying in international islamic university malaysia majoring in psychology
    u should collaborate with my lecturer, Alizi Alias….
    he’s a psychology lecturer….he always talks about psychology from islamic perspective

40. ANSHAD SALEEM

Assalamu Alaikum Mr.Haleh Banani,

Am a new one in this website.Actually am a paranoid and i was searching hot to avoid my delusionsor unwanted thoughts by islamic way.Then i saw your article its helping me to referesh myself..but still am not cured 100%..but i have changed myself a lot…i have done a lot of sins and now am totally aware of my sins..so if you can help me to cure from paranoid you can sendme in my e-mail…Insha allah may it will help me a lot…

Thanks & Best Regards

41. Monica

i was so excited to read ur article, thinking, subhanna Allah, i have found help! Also reading what you had written……” It is my hope that this article has wet your appetite for learning more about psychology in the light of the Quran and Sunnah, insha’Allah.” and ” Consider this article as a preview of coming attractions!”

Now i am saddened, once again, now that i have learned you haven”t posted any of the follow up articles to your introduction article. You wrote the teaser in May 24,2010 and it is now Jan 27, 2011.

InshaAllah please assist me if i am incorrect, and somewhere within this site are the follow-upatricles to this one, where elaboration on each of you key concepts mentioned is available.

I desperatley need help, and your article was as if it were written for me. I bought it, hook, line, and sinker….but now that i am in agreement and believing in this approach to psychology with Islamic approach, i am left dangleing here.

Thanks, Monica

42. Ahmad

I have been suffering from lack of confidence, self-respect, and deep pessimism for a very long time. Most of it is a direct result of a medical condition I have which gives me very foul bad breath. I know I should go out. I know I should get an education. I know I should work. It’s these ‘internal conversations’ or self-talk that you have mentioned in your article which keeps me down and prevents me from accomplishing my goals and ambitions in life. Reading articles like this inspires me. Looking forward to reading more from you, insha-Allah. Jazakallahu Khairun.

I found the following very comforting:

• Haleh

I have a few suggestions to help with your bad breath:
      Make sure you floss after each meal
      Use a tongue scraper to rid your mouth of all the bacteria
      Gargle with 3% hydrogen peroxide (kills all the bacteria)
      Try to freshen your breath with cardimon- just pop a few in your mouth and bite down

Hope that helps!

Haleh

43. Haleh

Having a medical condition which causes you to have a foul breath can make you feel very self conscious. It’s more challenging to socialize and it’s always on your mind. First, I wonder if here is anything you can do medically to improve or illiminate your issue?

If there is no cure you need to accept this test and make the best out of your life. Even though it can be troubling, you need to look at people who have much harder tests. There is a girl that I know who can’t move any part of her body except her fingers and face and yet she is an active part of society – she goes to neighborhoods that are drug infested in her wheelchair to encourage them to stop taking drugs!

It all has to do with your attitude, your willingness to accept your test and your ability to reframe and do great things with your life despite this challenge.

Focus on saying only positive things to yourself and stop beating yourself up. Capitilize on your strengths and talents.

Haleh

44. Iram

Wooww this article is amazing mashaAllah!!

Im studying psychology at university and have never seen it in this light, the way the article discribes.
    Jazakallah Khairun for this, it was really motivated me to carry on with my study and see it linking with Quran and Sunnah. Cant wait to read the other articles.

ws

45. Hazem

Assalamu Aleikom, Sister Haleh.

Thanks you for your all beneficial articles and May Allah the Almighty reward you on that.

Recently I’ve been suffering from a psychological uncertainty , and so I would like to show you my case to overcome this Issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hazem
    Gaza

• Haleh

Wa alaikomos salam,

Thank you for your comments. Send me a brief email describing your situation and we can discuss the different options.

Haleh

46. Meraj Shaikh

JazakAllah Khayr, could you please suggest some books for a beginner on human psychology.

47. JT

Thank you for your posts – though I know this was an older post I hope you may still have time to respond. I am currently confronted with a student who desires to speak to a mental health specialist but her parents regard mental disorders or mental illness as nothing but fiction and the work of the devil. The parents are devout Muslims and I believe all they need is to see how Islam is compatible with Psychology. Do you have any other posts or publications that attempts to answer this dilemma? Thank you for your wisdom!

48. Sauda

i need ur advise because i have personality disorder… im always negative thingking and some disorders,so i need your help

49. fatima

i m a research scholar doing research in psychology. want to know about the strategies to reduce stress and mental health problem in the light of quran and hadith.

50. Zahirah

Wow MashaAllah! this article is just superb! I really love psychology..I have emotional disorders and at times I can’t even understand what I want. I really have problem communicating my needs with my family and now its even more difficult,I’m getting married soon but at times I feel I can’t communicate my needs to my husband to be also. I really want to read all your articles.
    May Allah help you and grant you courage to continue with your great work..

51. Dr.Kadar ali S H

Sr.Haleh, Assalamualaikum,May Allah give you more Psy.knowledge to serve the human on the earth.InshaAllah.

52. Sumiyah

AA Sr.Haleh and a warm welcome to MM. I am very interested in learning about Quranic Psychology are there any books/resources that you can recommend?

53. nazish

I am a counsellor and Psychologist by profession.Beside that I am running an Islaimc supplementary school called Al jannah Academy based in UK. I am researching impact of Islamic believes on human psychology and finding very little resource and previous research. Only the related video I found on you tube was
    Recently I am conducting workshops and seminars. I will Insha Allah upload them on youtube and will send you the link.

54. muaz

i also want to be a social psychologist… pls i need ur advice