- Abu Hurayrah reported: The poor came to the Messenger of Allāh and said: “Oh, Messenger of Allāh, the wealthy have gone with the highest ranks and lasting bliss. They offer ṣalāh (prayer) as we offer it; they observe fast as we do; and as they are wealthy, they perform Hajj and 'Umrah, and go for Jihad, and they spend in charity.” The Messenger of Allāh said, “Shall I not teach you something with which you may overtake those who surpassed you and with which you will surpass those who will come after you? None will excel you unless he who does which you do. You should recite: Tasbeeh (Allāh is free from imperfection – Subhan Allāh), Takbeer (Allāh is Greatest – Allahu Akbar), Tahmeed (Praise be to Allāh – AlHamdu lillah) thirty-three times after each ṣalāh.” [Bukhāri]
- Abu Dharr narrated that a group of the Companions came to the Prophet , and said, “O Messenger of Allāh, the wealthy people will have higher grades and will have permanent enjoyment and they pray like us and fast as we do. They have more money, which they give in charity. “The Prophet , replied: “Has Allāh not rendered for you the 'Isha' prayer in congregation equal to Hajj, and the Fajr prayer in congregation equal to 'Umrah?” [Muslim]
- Anas narrates that the Prophet said, “Whoever prays Fajr in congregation, then sits remembering Allāh until sunrise, then prays two units of prayer, has a complete reward of Hajj and 'Umrah. (The Prophet repeated 'complete' three times for emphasis.) [Tirmidhi]
- The Prophet said: “Whoever walks to [perform] an obligatory prayer in congregation, it is like Hajj [in terms of rewards], and whoever walks to [perform] a voluntary prayer, it is like a voluntary 'Umrah [in terms of rewards].” [Hasan hadith narrated by Tabarani, Abu Dawud, Ahmad]
- Abu Umamah said that the Prophet said: “Whoever goes to the mosque not desiring except to learn or teach what is good has the reward of a pilgrim who completed his Hajj.” [Tabarani]
- Ibn Rajab narrated that the Companion Mikhnaf ibn Sulaym said, “The reward for attending 'Īd Al-Fitr prayer is equal to the reward of performing 'Umrah and the reward for attending 'Īd Al-Adha Prayer is equal to that of performing Hajj.” [Lata'if al-Ma'arif]
My brothers and sisters, if you missed standing before Allāh in Arafah, stand for his religion wherever you are! If you are far from the House, be close to the Lord of the House! And if you aren't at Mina, don't be a sinna!