Most of us make new year resolutions because we feel regret at how we performed in the current year and plan on making the next one better. But somewhere, somehow we get distracted in the rut of life again and we do not even remember what our resolutions were in the beginning of the year. Come and learn how to break this cycle and become productive in our goals related to this dunya and our deen inshaAllah….[HTML1]
Some gems from this lecture:
- To make your new year resolutions: make high goals and have a niyyah
- 2 implications of “ba” in “innamal ‘amalu bin niyyah” are:
- Ba = sababiyah – whatever is stated after ba is the cause of the action that is mentioned before ba, i.e. the outcome of our actions is based on our intention.
- Ba = of help/assistance – what is stated before ba is helped by what is after ba, i.e. our intention is the aid to our actual accomplishment.
- Make some markers (short term goals) that will help you stay accountable in reaching your ultimate goal and celebrate them when you reach them.
- Shaytan and your nafs will act as hardships and derail you from your goals
- Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimuhullah) said think about why you are doing a particular action (for whose sake you are doing it?), not what you are doing
- Keep your goals focused – quality over quantity
- Be resourceful and use distractions to your benefit. Your phone/Facebook, etc. can be used positively to help you in achieving your goals
- Develop a support system encompassing people/groups etc. who will help you in keeping on track
- Make dua to Allah about 3 things:
- Ask for istiqaama (consistency) – Best actions are the ones done with consistency even if they be small [hadith].
- Ask for strength for when you fall, Allah’s Help and Mercy can get you back up.
- Ask to strength your eeman, renewal of your eeman – Do your effort and then put your trust in Allah.
- Important to change strategies if they don’t work for you in regard to achieving your goal.
Keep supporting MuslimMatters for the sake of Allah
Alhamdulillah, we're at over 850 supporters. Help us get to 900 supporters this month. All it takes is a small gift from a reader like you to keep us going, for just $2 / month.
The Prophet (SAW) has taught us the best of deeds are those that done consistently, even if they are small. Click here to support MuslimMatters with a monthly donation of $2 per month. Set it and collect blessings from Allah (swt) for the khayr you're supporting without thinking about it.
Hijab And Jilbab In the Quran: On The Hermeneutics Of The Quranic Verse Of Khimar
200 Years Of Orientalism: From Mary Shelley To Khaled Hosseini
Muslim Bookstagram Awards: Announcing The 2021 Winners!
Naseehah: The Art Of Giving Islamic Advice And Dawah Online #FiqhOfSocialMedia
Muslim Bookstagram Awards: Meet the Judges! – Shifa Saltagi Safadi
Where The Rainbow Ends: American Muslims And LGBT Activism
Hindutva’s Final Solution: Calls For Genocide Of Indian Muslims
Annah Hariri Exposé: Thousands Of Customers Accuse Fraud
Is Religion Becoming Outdated?
MuslimMatters’ Top Articles Published In 2021!
How To Complete Your To-Do List Every Day
Afghanistan: Discussing the Crisis And Solutions
Memorize Surah al-Mulk Ramadan 2021 | Verse 30
Memorize Surah al-Mulk Ramadan 2021 | Verse 29
Memorize Surah al-Mulk Ramadan 2021 | Verse 28
MuslimMatters NewsLetter in Your Inbox
Sign up below to get started