Week of 3/26 – 4/1 (updates posted as possible):
- T-shirts: Imitation? A thorough, yet concise summary on “traditional” vs “Western” ensembles as it relates to imitation of the non-Muslims at Br. Salman’s blog.
- Four Principles for a Noble Character by Ibn al-Qayyim posted here (doesn’t Ibn al-Qayyim rh come up with the most beautiful and spiritual contemplations?)
- Hood debunks the oft-repeated misrepresentations of Islamic Hudood laws (capital punishment) with regards to rape and adultery: here, here and here. An important read for Muslim activists who have to deal with the wrath of the media and islamaphobes.
- A nice reminder on mothers (with “Mother’s Day” approaching; for Muslims, every day is Mother’s day!) on AE.
- The Mufti situation is getting a bit ‘strange’ over yonder in Australia. So, why does Australia need a Mufti?? Austrolabe comments.
- Kashif comments on a post about Muslims and Ethiopia, which left him a “bit baffled”.
- Sunni Sister comments on the NY Times propaganda, entitled “New Translation Prompts Debate“.
Amad: “Isn’t it amazing that someone who ADMITS that she doesn’t know Arabic, can claim to ‘translate’ Quran? And because that translation conforms to how ‘they’ like it, she gets NY Times coverage?! It is like the major newspapers and media outlets are announcing:
“All Muslims, once-Muslims, Muslim-apostates, or never- Muslim – but – your – name – is-Muslim: Come one, come all, for free coverage and free promotion. All you have to do is either (a) claim to reform Islam or (b) tell us how bad Islam really was to you and is for all Muslims. This is your ticket to the American dream, fame and the almighty dollars. You’ll get it all!
Disclaimer: Please note that any real Islamic knowledge or really any knowledge at all is not a prerequisite for the promotion”.
Which reminds me that I am working on a translation of the Hebrew-edition of Old Testament. My zero knowledge of Hebrew should be no impediment, as there are plenty of google translation engines available. I will also promise all humanity that the new translation will include a clear reference to Muhammad, as the Messenger of Allah. That way Moslems and Jews can have peace in the Middle-East. The end justifies the means of course. Stay tuned… (NY Times, you can reach me on my personal email for the scoop, please also mention the moolah ;) ).”
- Sr. Umm Yusuf gathers some excellent tips for dawah.
Keep supporting MuslimMatters for the sake of Allah
Alhamdulillah, we're at over 850 supporters. Help us get to 900 supporters this month. All it takes is a small gift from a reader like you to keep us going, for just $2 / month.
The Prophet (SAW) has taught us the best of deeds are those that done consistently, even if they are small. Click here to support MuslimMatters with a monthly donation of $2 per month. Set it and collect blessings from Allah (swt) for the khayr you're supporting without thinking about it.
Destigmatizing Divorce: It’s Not Only Domestic Violence That Makes It Halal
How I Survived My One-Year Engagement
Uber Tales: A Driver’s Journal
The False Promise Of Identitarianism
All That Is In The Heavens [Part 8]: E For Empath
Statement Against Domestic Violence: The Female Scholarship Network
The False Promise Of Identitarianism
All That is In The Heavens [Part 7]: Autodoc
Response To Jordan Peterson’s Message To Muslims
Short Story: Hijab, My Crown
Domestic Violence Series: Marital Disputes, Ego, And Shame
The Kuwaiti Shaykh Who Told Me A Story
The Guards Who Became Muslim After Guantanamo
My Hardest Ramadan Ever
The Brother Who Had A Scoop
MuslimMatters NewsLetter in Your Inbox
Sign up below to get started