'Īd Mubarak to all my brothers and sisters around the world. May Allāh accept from me and you. I hope you all had a very happy 'Īd al-Fitr 2011.
Below is a Khutba I would like to share in hope that it will bring benefit to each and everyone of you.
Here is an outline to help you follow through:
Reflections on the departure of Ramadan:
- Everyone should acknowledge their shortcomings
- Why are we happy on the Day of 'Īd?
- What's your personal victory at the end of the month?
Challenges facing the Muslim community:
- Getting over our differences
- Everyone is obsessed with their opinion
- Turning enemies into friends
- Getting over the culture of retaliation