One of the goals I have for this blog is to start a small series of posts aimed at reviving Sunnah's that are insha'Allah easy to implement – but easily overlooked. It is my hope that these serve first and foremost as a reminder to myself to practice them, but also a quick reminder to everyone else to try to practice them. They are things that are easy to do, and insha'Allah will bring us closer to Allah(swt) and make our lives start becoming more in accordance to the Sunnah of His Messenger (sal-Allahu 'alayhi was-Sallam).

Shaddad bin Aus (ra) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said,

“The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is:

'O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am You servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin except You.'

The Prophet (saw) added. “If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.” [Bukhari]

I pray that Allah (swt) makes it easy for us to memorize this du'a, and to be of those who recite it in the morning and evening, and earn the reward mentioned in the hadith.

We all want to be of those who follow the Sunnah, so let's start using some of the easier ones to build up :)

13 Responses

1. abdelrahman

Very useful dua, I thank you for shareing it with us, and I like your idea of makeing us know the sunnah.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

2. Shahrzad

یا من ارجوه لکل خیر… You are the one i have hope on him for everything.. And by your support i am safe against any badness and sin.. You give me countless for my little act.. and you give to who ignores you and who doesnt know you..
    Bless us with your mercy in the world and hereafter.. and keep far away us any disaster.. and increase your generosity and munificence to us..
    AMEEN.. YA RABBAL ALAMIN.. :)

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

3. IslAM MUSLIM

Alhamdulilah, great idea. I always love lectures and books that encourage action, and give methods of implementing what you learn. I look forward to reading future posts.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

4. ibnabeeomar

i’d also like to get some feedback from the readers to see if they find these types of posts beneficial or not? do you actually take it and try to implement this? did this post motivate you to memorize this dua (and by motivate i mean you have memorized it or started trying to since reading this post)

or is it just another “thats nice…” and then gets put on the backburner?

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

5. Hassan

Brother Omar, I like it, infact I am reading this post daily to memorize it. Jazak-Allah khyran.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

6. ruth nasrullah

Asalaamu alaikum. Definitely, please continue this. This particular dua came at the right time for me because I had been thinking a lot about things I’ve done wrong and how to ask for forgiveness.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

7. BintMuhammed

JazakaAllah khair…I wanted to memorize this duaa the moment i read the hadeeth about a year ago, and now I taught it to about 30 girls at my masjid and alhamdulilah theyve all memorized it… It is indeed an essential duaa for everyone to know.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

8. forzikr

Salam u Aleikum,
    I love this idea. I had forgotten this dua but this post encouraged me to memorize it again. Alhamdu lillah. Please make more posts like this,.. I’m a student and a dua recommendation like this is a beautiful breath of fresh air from regular studies.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

9. Faiez

This dua’ is awesome, I didn’t know it until now. JazakAllahu khair.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

10. Medinah

Assalamu Alaikum,
    Mashallah!! When I first saw this duaa, I memorized it a couple of years ago!! Its so beautiful, alhamdullilah!! I taught it to my kids and we say it all the time, subhanallah!! May Allah forgive us, ameen!! Ramadan Mubarak!!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0