Countdown Special: Bush/Cheney Should Resign

Probably among the most brilliant 10 minutes on TV:

[youtube xozYFUIvHQM]

Get more of our great articles.
19 / View Comments

19 responses to “Countdown Special: Bush/Cheney Should Resign”

1. WHOA! Find this in the dictionary under SCATHING! And every point is accurate and eloquently made. Thanks for sharing, brother.

2. Abu Mus'ab says:

Very nice indeed. I can’t help but feel it’s too late.

3. Hassan says:

Question to keith Olbermann:

Bush, great president or the greatest president?

4. Amad says:

Hassan??

The exclamation mark for Bush’s legacy was his recent pardon of Libby. In 50 years, people will look back and think, “what the heck were we or our parents/grand-parents thinking when we/they elected himi”

If I could ask Bush one question, it would be “President, what’s Jesus been telling you these days?”

So, I open the floor to YOU ALL … what would you ask President Bush if you had ONLY one question to ask? Make it deep so it is “loaded”!

5. Hassan says:

No, I just used Stephen Colbert sarcasm, he asks everyone that hates Bush that question.

You mean ask Bush?

6. Amad says:

I guess someone without a TV wouldn’t know these quips!

Yes, ask bush… read my comment again, i clarified it..

7. abu ameerah says:

Mr. Olbermann…You’re liberal rantings amount to nothing more than a diatribe of pure balderdash.

Mr. Olbermann, you sir are no gentleman!

8. Hassan says:

I do not have TV, I have internet though.

My question to Bush:

When are you going for hunting with Dick Cheney?

9. Moiez says:

Where was this guy a couple years ago?

10. ibnabeeomar says:

“Where was this guy a couple years ago?”

on sportscenter haha

11. iMuslim says:

Some background for the non-US peeps, please? I know about the Libby case – i’d just like to know who the presenter is, and about the show. Is this a popular program? Has this sentiment been repeated elsewhere, or was he breaking the mould?

12. brnaeem says:

Amad, I don’t have a question for Bush, I have a question for the American public. What are you going to do about this man’s utter contempt for the constitution?

KO said the entire Plamegate scandal concluding with Libby’s pardon is like a fixed ballgame, rigged casino, and pre-arranged lottery all rolled into one…and ‘THEY KNOW IT’. I assume he was referring to the public.

So, if the public knows it, what are they doing about it?

My guess is nothing as it doesn’t impinge on their daily lifeless routines.

As a sidenote, I’m just very impressed by the societal mechanisms in place that allow for KO to say what he said *on TV* without any fear on his part. Can you imagine someone talking like that in the Muslim world?

13. brnaeem says:

Abu Ameerah, why is it balderdash? Not sure if you were serious or sarcastic (as in Colbert-style)…

WA-
    Naeem

14. Zahra Billoo says:

Love the video.

However, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth because when all is said and done Olberman is a Democrat – and they aren’t much better than Bush and crew.

15. zuneera says:

alhumdulilah, yeah it may be a little late, but better late than never. and at least someone in the american media community is able to have the guts to stand up to those bush lovers’ and bush/cheney themself.

…if keith ran for president, he’s got my vote.

16. jannah says:

My question to Bush:

“Yo Georgie, could you please give me the definition of balderdash?”

And lo and behold, another clueless moment in the life of curious George!

17. Amad says:

This is one of my favorite Bush moments as quoted from Common Dreams:

At a public address in Nashville, Tenn., in September, Bush provided one of his most memorable stumbles. Trying to give strength to his case that Saddam Hussein had already deceived the West concerning his store of weapons, Bush was scripted to offer an old saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. What came out was the following:

“Fool me once, shame … shame on … you.” Long, uncomfortable pause. “Fool me — can’t get fooled again!”

Some other people saw a more sinister explanation for the gaffe, though I don’t really buy it… it was just typical cowboy Bush stumbling to say anything remotely intelligent:

Played for laughs everywhere, Miller saw a darkness underlying the gaffe.

“There’s an episode of Happy Days, where The Fonz has to say, `I’m sorry’ and can’t do it. Same thing,” Miller said.

“What’s revealing about this is that Bush could not say, `Shame on me’ to save his life. That’s a completely alien idea to him. This is a guy who is absolutely proud of his own inflexibility and rectitude.”

18. […] Countdown Special: Bush/Cheney Should Resign […]