Inspiration and Spirituality

How to Acquire the Love of Allah (SWT)

By: Kashif Naseem Dilkusha

Some days ago, I was studying Sharah Al-Aqeeda Al-Wastiya with my sheikh, and upon reaching the topic of ‘Love of Allah’, my sheikh told me that a lot–if not all–of Muslims claim to love ALLAH (SWT); however the best Mu’min is the one who Allah loves in return.

My sheikh further quoted Shiekh Ibn Uthaymeen once saying that there are three ways to acquire the love of Allah (SWT) and this is indeed a great lesson for us all.

1.  Pondering upon the blessings of Allah (SWT):

Just look around and observe the blessings which Allah (SWT) has showered upon each of us. Just imagine for a moment how things would be if we were to lose any of them. How would it be if we lost our eyesight? Can we even imagine how difficult it would be to move around without our legs? And the blessings of Allah (SWT) go on and on, too many to name.

I remember once during Jum’ah khutbah, the khateeb mentioned that a sick person had requested a du’aa for himself during Jum’ah prayer. The man asked the khateeb to make du’aa that Allah either cures him or grants him death! Obviously, the khateeb was shocked and  asked him why? What is the reason for such a du’aa?  The man responded:

“I have a problem with my eyes. I am unable to close them when I feel sleepy and so I have to force them closed with a tool, and this is very painful. Then, when I wake up and I want to open my eyes I cannot, and I have to force them open with another tool. It is so painful that I cannot bear this pain anymore! So please pray to Allah that He either grants me death or that He cures me!”

Have we ever considered how many similar blessings we have been granted by Allah (SWT) and have we taken a second to thank Allah for them?

So ponder and reflect upon the numerous blessings of Allah upon each of us and be grateful to Him and love Him for his countless favors. As Allah (SWT) mentions in the Qur’an:

وَإِن تَعُدُّواْ نِعۡمَتَ ٱللَّهِ لَا تُحۡصُوهَآ‌ۗ

“You cannot count my blessings if you want to.”

2. Love those acts which Allah (SWT) loves:

In Surah Al Baqarah, vs. 222  Allah (SWT) says:

إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُحِبُّ ٱلتَّوَّٲبِينَ وَيُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُتَطَهِّرِينَ

“Truly, Allâh loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves.”

Each of us, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, cleanses him/herself multiple times during the day, whether it is by taking a morning shower, brushing one’s teeth, washing our hands after using the bathroom, or washing our hands after touching something dirty. As a Muslim, we are further required to perform ablution before performing our prayers. However, one of the great favors of Allah upon us as Muslims is that if we even perform an everyday act with the intention of pleasing Allah, it is counted as an act of worship, and brings us closer to Allah. So, when purifying ourselves during the day, if we just make the intention that we are purifying ourselves because Allah loves those who purify themselves and we want Allah to love us, we – Insha Allah – will become one of those whom Allah (SWT) loves.

And the same is the case with all those other acts which Allah (SWT) loves, in light of the Quran and Sunnah.

3. Keeping the Tongue Wet with Dhikr:

Dhikr is another way of acquiring Allah’s love. However, we need to be cautious here and ensure that whenever  we are doing Allah’s dhikr we should be doing it wholeheartedly and with complete focus.

There are two major mistakes people make while doing Dhikr of Allah:

1. We do the dhikr without understanding the meaning of those Adhkaar.
  2. We do dhikr absent-mindedly, meaning our tongue is moving with Allah’s remembrance, but we don’t know when we began the dhikr or when we finished it.

Still, many scholars say that even if one makes the above mistakes in his/her dhikr, they will still be rewarded, but not with the same level of reward as someone who performed the dhikr consciously and with complete Ihsaan (Allahu A’lam).

Finally, I pray that Allah (SWT) grants each of us the tawfiq to act upon all the above mentioned ways of earning His love.

Ameen.

shiney

June 16, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Jazakallah Khair for sharing these tips! They’re very helpful. May Allah (SWT) love us all and help us come close to Him. Ameen!

Here’s a related video-it’s very beneficial (with 10 tips to acquire Allah’s Love also Ibn al-Qayyim):

Aadil

June 16, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Jazak Allah Khair for the informative article. Could you please let me know what is that dua which is mentioned in the picture along with its translation? Thanks

UmmSarah

June 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I often wonder, can we actually feel when Allah is loving us in return.
    People may think that they are in high standing with Allah, but is there a way of knowing with some certainity where do we stand with Him.

shiney

July 3, 2011 at 5:03 AM

of course, one can never be sure if Allah is pleased with them or not but I think a good way of finding out is evaluating urself to see how much ur obeying Allah and how much ur not. Like there’s a hadith: “Allah is happy with the one whose father is happy with him and Allah is unhappy with the one whose father is unhappy with him.” So I guess if you know that ur parents are pleased with you (in the Islamic sense) or if ur married and your husband is pleased with you (also in the Islamic sense) then I guess that should give you a clue as to ur standing with Allah.

As for feeling the love, i think it varies from person to person but i personally think that sometimes you can feel it when Allah is happy with you.

Ayesha

June 16, 2011 at 9:39 AM

jazakAllahukhairan for the beneficial post…may I know which shaikh you are learning it from & from where?

Kashif Naseem Dilkusha

June 17, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I am learning in Karachi, Pakistan and my Sheikh name is Sheikh Abdul Wali, a graduate from Islamic University Madinah.

Ahmer raza

November 21, 2016 at 11:33 AM

from where Ayesha????

ahlam

June 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Mash’Allah,beautiful. Just when Ramadan’s round the corner! JazakAllahu Khairan.

ahlam

June 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM

For the translation of the Dua’ in the picture,may I attempt to give one:

”O Allah, I ask for Your Love and the Love of those who Love You, and the deeds which attain me Your Love.

O Allah, make Your Love more beloved to me than myself, and my wealth,and my family and cool water.”

Brother

June 16, 2011 at 3:26 PM

This du’a is found in a weak hadeeth, so it is not really authentic.

Du’a is something open though as long as you are asking for something permissible, so you can phrase your own du’a or use some of the ones that are authentic.

...

June 16, 2011 at 5:53 PM

If this dua’ is daef, there is still no problem in saying it akhi, so long as one does not think the Prophet (SAW) said it, or that the dua’ has a special status in it of itself – it will be like any dua’ which one makes up his/herself. wAllahu ‘alam

Brother

June 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

There is nothing wrong in making this du’a every now and then, just like any other du’a, but if a person makes this du’a consistently and takes it as a regular habit or a sunnah, then it becomes closer to becoming an innovation rather than permissible. And why would anyone be consistent upon such a du’a instead of using the authentic ones from the sunnah if they did not think that this du’a had a special status? And the best of guidance is the guidance of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

The reason why I indicated that it was weak is so that the brothers and sisters are aware of that and do not think that this du’a is from the sunnah or that it has a special status.

Kashif Naseem Dilkusha

June 17, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Jazak Allah khairan brother,

I didn’t know about it. Let me check again.

HFZ SP

June 16, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Am not a scholar let alone one of the difficult science of hadeeth but I would have thought a hadeeth is either authentic or false and thats it no in between. As for weak hadeeth being not really authentic, again am not sure.

Can one of the scholars of this amazing website clarify please.

Jazakallah

Brother

June 17, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I am not a scholar either but merely a student.

The degree of authenticity varies and there are different levels. A hadeeth might be Sahih and have the highest level of authenticity, or it might be hasan which although is not as authentic as Sahih but it is still acceptable. Or the hadeeth might not be authentic, and among inauthentic ahadeeth there are different levels as well, such as the fabricated which is false and a lie, and there is the weak which are the ones which have some deficiency in their chain(s). Even among the weak ahadeeth their level varies, and some are weaker than others, such as the very weak ones which might have a mjor deficiency as opposed to the ones that are weak but the weakness is of a lesser degree. So the degree of authenticty or lack thereof varies and comes in many different levels. But a weak hadeeth is not authentic, even though it might not be like a fabricated hadeeth which is a known lie.

Brother

June 16, 2011 at 3:31 PM

How to attain the love of Allah?

Allah tells us how in the Quran:

{Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If you love Allah, follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful} [3:31]

kishwar

June 17, 2011 at 2:43 AM

masaAllah a very good article

Salman

June 21, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Great Article..made affect instantly…did sajda shukr after reading about the man who had a problem with eyes..

10. Pingback: Reader’s Opinions | Remembrance of AllahMuslimMatters.org

abdi

December 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM

O Allah forgive me and don’t be angry with me. O allah guide me and grant peace in my heart.“O Allah Sustain me with Your love and the love of one who loves You, and the love of that which will draw me near to Your love, and make Your love more dear to me than cool water.”

12. Pingback: Tafseer Al-Baqarah Ayaat 165 – 167 | Verse By Verse Qur'an Study Circle

yakubu chindo

November 23, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Jazakallahu khair

moon

November 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM

THANKS FOR A GREAT KNOWLEDGE. May Allah fulfill all ur desires.

Ahmer raza

November 21, 2016 at 11:29 AM

u r right moon that is great knowledge. you r true. good!!!!

Ahmer raza

November 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM

same as u i appreciate this artical.

Ahmer raza

November 21, 2016 at 11:35 AM

I appreciate that post. THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!

Do You Know These Heroes of Eid?

Ramadan is a time of sacrifice, and the Eid honors and celebrates the fulfillment of that sacrifice. But for many the hardships do not end.

Rohingya children

Between one million and three million Muslims are being detained in concentration camps in China, while masjids are being demolished and imams executed.

The Rohingya Muslims of Burma continue to suffer from terrible persecution. In one Rohingya refugee camp on the Burma / Bangladesh border there are half a million children. These children are banned by the Burmese authorities from attending school and are at risk of early marriage, child labor or being trafficked.

In the Central African Republic, the Muslim minority lives in daily fear of being killed, especially in the south.

The Palestinians continue to suffer after seventy years of occupation, with no end in sight.

Russian and Assad regime attacks on civilians continue in Syria, with the real possibility of an upcoming genocide in Idlib province.

Heroes Abound

In the midst of this all suffering, heroes abound. There’s Serikzhan Bilash of Kazakhstan, who has labored feverishly to document China’s internment of Muslims across the border. He urges those in his organization to continue their work, even as he himself has been arrested.

Those Rohingya children I mentioned in the refugee camp, banned from attending school? One 14-year-old Rohingya girl mentioned in the article has managed to enroll in school in Bangladesh. Her mother sold her food rations and borrowed money to create a fake Bangladeshi birth certificate, then paid a smuggler to take her daughter out of the camp. The girl herself says, “People hate the Rohingya here. I don’t tell people I am one… I have to lie about my identity to survive. Even though it’s a big struggle… I am able to study. There are hundreds of thousands of kids like me inside of the camps who are forced to marry off early…They have no opportunities.”

Also in that camp is 13-year-old Halim, who runs his own tutoring service, where he teaches more than 20 children. He says, “I am teaching them so they can do something for our nation. If they don’t learn anything, they can’t prosper in their life, as well as they can’t fight for the nation.”

Razan al-Najjar

Razan al-Najjar

In Palestine, let us not forget Razan al-Najjar, a 21-year-old volunteer paramedic from Gaza who was shot by an Israeli sniper on June 1, 2018, while tending to a tear gas victim. In her last Facebook post, the day before she was killed, she wrote, “Your conscience will be comforted as much as possible since God always knows your intention. #sleep_well Be good.”

In Syria, we have Dr. Omar Ibrahim, an Egyptian neurosurgeon who could probably be earning a hefty salary anywhere in the world, but instead labors under constant bombardment in the war-torn and half crushed city of Idlib. He’s been in Syria for five years and says, “I have no regrets about doing this work. Because I have passion for my work, and this work inspires me.”

A Religion of Heroes

Dr. Omar Ibrahim

Dr. Omar Ibrahim

Such stories are amazing, but they are not unique. There are countless heroes, and should that surprise us? Islam is a religion of heroes, and has always been so, going all the way back to its inception in Makkah, when the Prophet Muhammad (sws) drew around himself the weak and powerless, the slaves and foreigners. They were tortured, but did not surrender their new faith. Heroes.

Or, several years later, when the disbelievers of Arabia came in great numbers to wipe the Muslims off the face of the earth. The Muslims dug a great trench around Madinah, and held off the attackers under conditions of hunger and terrible cold, until – with Allah’s help – the siege was broken. Heroes.

So if you thought such heroes were a thing of the past, remember Serikzhan Bilash, the Rohingya girl, Halim, Razan al-Najjar, Dr. Omar Ibrahim and the untold, uncounted heroes like them. You may even know a few heroes personally. I do.

There’s my friend Karim, who works for an organization that sponsors Muslim orphans. He’s overworked and underpaid, and struggles to support his family and two children. He’s highly experienced and could earn more somewhere else. But he sticks with it because he believes in Islamic work.

I think also of my daughter’s homeroom teacher, sister Sharmeen. She’s an enthusiastic teacher who pushes the children to read, write and understand the roots of language. She does more than is required and is not appreciated as she should be. But once again, her passion drives her.

Persistence of Dua’

Our local Imam recently gave a khutbah about the importance of dua’. He said that Allah loves the dua’ that is persistent. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Daa’ wa’l-Dawa’: “One of the most beneficial of remedies is persisting in dua’.”

So be persistent. Pray for our suffering Ummah, and pray for our heroes. And donate whatever you can spare to the organizations that work on their behalf.

My Ordinary Life

As for me, my life is ordinary. On the morning of Eid, I, my mother and my daughter Salma – who is twelve years old now – wake up early and put on our best clothes, inshaAllah. We get in the car and stop at Krispy Kreme donuts.  I buy a box of a dozen to share with others after Salat al-Eid, and a few extras in a bag for our family, so we don’t have to wait in a long line and elbow people to snatch a cruller.

I pick up my cousin’s son, who does not have a car. We go downtown to the Fresno convention center and sit among a thousand other Muslims. We recite the Takbeerat al-Eid, praising Allah’s greatness. The Eid salat begins, then I strain to hear the khutbah as so many people begin chattering right away. Especially, the sisters. Sorry ladies, but it’s true :-)

I know, it all sounds a bit silly, but I’m excited. It’s a wonderful day. I see brothers that I haven’t seen since last year. Everyone is wearing their best outfits.

But it’s not about the donuts or the nice clothes. It is this feeling of sharing a connection with every Muslim around the world; a feeling of being part of something great.

When we return home, my mother makes cookies, and we put some decorations on the walls. Salma opens her presents, which this year are a new Switch game, a dartboard and a pearl necklace. It’s the first piece of real jewelry I’ve ever bought her. Buying it left me with $18 in my bank account, which means I predict a lot of Uber driving (my side job) in my near future. So I hope she likes it.

On such days, I thank Allah that I am alive to see another sunrise. Another day to strive to be a better Muslim and a better human being.

The Spirit of the Prophets

I also talk to Salma, as I do every year, about our Muslim brothers and sisters who are struggling all over the world, fighting for their freedom and their very survival. They don’t have pizza and donuts on Eid or pearl necklaces. Some are starving. Most have lost someone: a parent, a child, a sibling or a friend. Some have been utterly devastated.

Yet they are resolute. They have a deep strength that, like the well of Zamzam, never runs dry, SubhanAllah. They will not give up their hopes, their dreams or their faith, Allah willing.

These are the real heroes of Eid. I feel small next to them. They are the ones living the spirit of the Prophets and the Sahabah. They have made the greatest sacrifices, and are still striving, undaunted. They are living the words of Allah:

Say: ‘Verily, my ṣalāh, my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are all for Allāh, the Lord of the ‘Alameen’ (6:162).

May Allah ease the hearts of all who are suffering, replace pain with comfort and joy, sickness with health, oppression with liberation, and tyranny with freedom. May Allah give them security, safety, comfort, victory, and Jannah.

Swallowing Your Pride For A Moment Is Harder Than Praying All Night | Imam Omar Suleiman

Imam Omar Suleiman

Iblees was no ordinary worshipper. He worshipped Allah for thousands of years with thousands of prayers. He ascended the ranks until he accompanied the angels with his noteworthy worship. Performing good deeds was no issue for him. He thanked Allah with his prayers, and Allah rewarded him with a lofty station in Paradise. But when Adam was created and given the station that he was, suddenly Iblees was overcome by pride. He couldn’t bear to see this new creation occupy the place that he did. And as he was commanded to prostrate to him, his pride would overcome him and doom him for eternity. Alas, swallowing his pride for one prostration of respect to Adam was more difficult to him than thousands of prostrations of worship to Allah.

In that is a cautionary lesson for us especially in moments of intense worship. When we exert ourselves in worship, we eventually start to enjoy it and seek peace in it. But sometimes we become deluded by that worship. We may define our religiosity exclusively in accordance with it, become self-righteous as a result of it, and abuse people we deem lesser in the name of it. The worst case scenario of this is what the Prophet (peace be upon him) said about one who comes on the day of judgment with all of their prayers, fasting, and charity only to have it all taken away because of an abusive tongue.

But what makes Iblees’s struggle so relevant to ours? The point of worship is to humble you to your Creator and set your affairs right with His creation in accordance with that humility. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said that whoever has an atom’s worth of pride in their heart would not enter paradise. The most obvious manifestation of that pride is rejecting the truth and belittling someone else. But other subtle manifestations of that pride include the refusal to leave off argumentation, abandon grudges, and humble yourself to the creation in pursuit of the pleasure of the Creator.

Yaqeen

Hence a person would rather spend several Ramadan’s observing the last 10 nights in intense prayer seeking forgiveness for their sins from Allah, rather then humble themselves for a moment to one of Allah’s servants by seeking forgiveness for their transgressions against him, even if they too have a claim.

Jumah is our weekly Eid, and Monday’s and Thursday’s are our weekly semblances of Ramadan as the Prophet (s) used to fast them since our deeds are presented to Allah on those days. He said about them, “The doors of Heaven are opened every Monday and Thursday, and Allah pardons in these days every individual servant who is not a polytheist, except those who have enmity between them; Allah Says: ‘Delay them until they reconcile with each other”

In Ramadan, the doors of Heaven are opened throughout the month and the deeds ascend to Allah. But imagine if every day as your fasting, Quran recitation, etc. is presented to Allah this month, He responds to the angels to delay your pardon until you reconcile with your brother. Ramadan is the best opportunity to write that email or text message to that lost family member or friend and say “it’s not worth it to lose Allah’s forgiveness over this” and “IM SORRY.”

Compare these two statements:

The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said: “He who boycotts his brother for more than three days and dies during this period will be from the people of hellfire.”

He also said:

“I guarantee a house in the suburbs of Paradise for one who leaves arguments even if he is right.”

Swallowing your pride is bitter, while prayer is sweet. Your ego is more precious to you than your sleep. But above all, Allah’s pleasure is more precious than it all.

Fall Apart: Be Weak to Find Strength in Allah

Hiba Masood

Growing up in Jeddah, every evening in Ramadan, we would pile into our car and whiz off to the mosque for Taraweeh prayers to Shoaibi Mosque and spend a few spell-bound hours under the reassuring baritones of Sheikh Abdullah Basfar. His beautiful voice became the anthem of my childhood in many ways but more than his voice, it was the building of tradition and memory that became ingrained in my system. By doing the same thing, day in, day out, year in, year out, my parents gave us a sense of stability and predictability that set the tone for our entire adolescence.

How that rhythm seeped into the very bones of who I am is something I am still discovering well into adulthood.

Last night, standing in my grandmother’s garden in Karachi, I experienced my first Taraweeh Khatam-e-Quran since leaving my parents home in Jeddah so many years ago. It is also, incidentally, my first Ramadan without both my parents, who last year seemingly decided they would much rather be together in Jannah than spend more time in this rubbish world and in quick succession, returned to their Maker, leaving me understandably grieving, awash in memories, struggling to steer my ship.

And so it was, that by the time the imam reached Surah Qadr, I was chokey. By Surah Kawthar, I had tears streaming down my face. And by the time the last three surahs, the comforting Quls, began, I was openly sobbing. Probably more openly than what is considered socially appropriate…but honestly, I was restraining myself. Because what I actually felt like doing was throwing my head back and howling up at the sky. Thankfully, I was flanked by women who knew, who understood, who with tears in their own eyes, let me be with my heaving shoulders and a chest that felt it would crack open under the weight of my emotions.

As the imam had recited surah after surah and the end of the Quran had approached, the ghosts of Ramadan Past had flooded into me and my body had remembered. It had remembered years and years of experiencing that same excitement, that same sense of weight as Sheikh Abdullah Basfar gently and methodically guided us over the course of the month through the Book of all books, that same uplifting, heartbreaking, momentous trepidation of offering something up to Him with the hope that He would bestow something shining in return.

Had this Book been revealed to a mountain, the mountain would have crumbled. You get a tiny glimpse of that weight when you complete a khatam. Here I am, Allah, here I am, in my little hole-y dinghy, with my itty bitty crumbs of ibaadah. Pliss to accept?

Back in Jeddah, after the khatam, we would pile back in the car and go for ice cream. Last night in Karachi, after the khatam, the Imam gave a short talk and in it he mentioned how we are encouraged to cry when conversing with Allah. We should beg and plead and insist and argue and tantrum with Him because He loves to be asked again and again. We live in a world of appropriateness, political correctness, carefully curated social media feeds and the necessity of putting our best, most polished face forwards at all times. How freeing then, that when we turn to our Lord, we are specifically instructed to abandon our sense of control. All the facades and the curtains are encouraged to be dropped away and we stand stripped to our souls in front of Him. In other words, He loves it when we fall apart. Which is exactly what I had just done.

Last night, I found myself wondering what exactly had I cried so hard over. Which tears were for Him and the desperate desire for His mercy? Which were for the loveliness of the Quran, the steadying rhythm of it, not just verse to verse but also, cover to cover? Which tears were for the already achey yearning of yet another Ramadan gone past? Which were for my breaking heart that has to soon face my first Eid day and all the days of my life without my beloved Mumma and Baba? Which tears were of gratitude that I get to stand on an odd night of the best time of the year, alongside some of my dearest people, in the courtyard of a house full of childhood memories, under the vast, inky, starry sky and standing there, I get to fall apart, freely, wholly, soul-satisfyingly?

And which tears were of a searingly humbling recognition, that I am so wildly privileged to have this faith of mine – the faith that promises if we navigate the choppy dunya waters right, we will be reunited with our loved ones in a beautiful, eternal place, that if we purposely, and repeatedly crumble under the weight of our belief in Him and His plans, our future is bright?

Today, I’m convinced that it doesn’t matter why I cried. Because here is what I do know:

1. “If Allah knows good in your hearts, He will give you better than what was taken from you…” (8:70)

2. “If Allah intends good for someone, then he afflicts him with trials.” Prophet Muhammad

3. “Wondrous is the affair of the believer for there is good for him in every matter and this is not the case with anyone except the believer. If he is happy, then he thanks Allah and thus there is good for him. If he is harmed, then he shows patience and thus there is good for him.” Prophet Muhammad

In losing my parents, I have drawn closer to Allah. And though I miss them dizzyingly, I am so thankful that through the childhood they gave me, through the anchoring to the Quran they gifted me with, through their own tears that I witnessed during those long-ago khatams in the Shoaibi Mosque in Jeddah, they left me with the knowledge that if in losing them, I have gained even an atom’s worth more of His pleasure, then that’s a pretty great bargain.

As a parent of three young ones myself, I’ve spent my days teaching my children: be strong, be strong, be strong. Stand tall, stay firm, be sturdy in the face of the distracting, crashing waves of the world. But now I know something just as important to teach them: be weak, be weak, be weak.

Crumble in front of Him, fall apart, break open so that His Light may enter and be the only thing to fill you. It’s not easy but it will be essential for your survival in the face of any loss, grief, trial and despair this world throws your way. It will help you, finger to tongue, always know which way the wind is blowing and which way to steer your ship. Straight in to the sun, always. To Jannah. Because how wondrous are the affairs of us Muslims that when it comes to our sorrows and our hopes, out there on the horizon of Allah’s wise plans, it all shimmers as one – The grief of what is, the memory of what was and brighter than both, the glittering, iridescent promise of what will be.