By:Junaid ibn Amjad

I have composed what I believe to be the Ten Best Islamic Video Lectures published across the net up till now. I've restricted the list to filmed lectures and those that have been addressed in the English language*. I ask that both Arabic and Urdu speakers forgive me, as I am a well-developed coconut. There are many beneficial speeches that have not been recorded in the presence of a video camera, so in the future I hope to construct an audio-only list, insha'Allah.

Undoubtedly, many of you will disagree with some of my selections and ordering. Nevertheless, compiling this list wasn't easy. Everybody has their favourites. And in reality, nobody should preference the work of any orator conveying authentic and beneficial knowledge. I ask Allah subhana wa t'ala to grant all of the Shayukh and Du'at sincerity, to bless them for all their work, to forgive them, and to grant them and their families the highest level of paradise, ameen.

Finally, I remind everyone not to take this list seriously. This wasn't compiled for an Academy Award Show ““ Islamic lectures are not entertainment. The selected speeches have been chosen from my own personal bias. These are merely recommendations for beginners seeking elementary-level knowledge or for those desiring for an emaan boost. I ask Allah aza wa jaal to allow this list to benefit Muslims and non-Muslims everywhere.

Top 10

“What do you mean Muhammad is the messenger of Allah?” by Sh. Abu Taubah

“Interview with former Rap Artist Amir Junaid Muhadith” by The Deen Show

“Debate: Islam or Secular Liberalism?” by Brother Hamza Andreas Tzortzis

“Hiroshima to London: Violence and Our Collective Future” by imam Zaid Shakir

“Young American's attitude toward the Qur'an” by Nouman Ali Khan

“How I converted to Islam” by Sheikh Yusuf Estes

*The self-imposed language restriction (as well as my own language limitations) also led me to discount our beloved heavyweight scholars like Dr. Farhat Hashmi, Shaykh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, Mufti Taqi Usmani, Shaykh Saleh Al-Munajjid, may Allah preserve them, as well as late contemporary scholars that have passed, such as Sheikh Ash-Shanqeeti and Dr. Israr Ahmed, may Allah have mercy on them.

Note from MM: As the author notes these are his favorites- not the MM staff's.

106 Responses

1. firoz85

Salams , this is my top10 list :)

1.Why we worship God – sh yasir q
    2.O Allah Forgive me – sh yasir q
    3.Divine Speech – Nouman Ali khan
    4.Islam or Atheism – Which One Makes More Sense? By Hamza Andreas Tzortzis
    5.Debunking Male bias – sh yasir q
    6.Progressing with progressives – sh yasir q
    7.Intelligent faith – sh yasir q
    8.Zakir Naik-Quran and modern science
    9.Shabbir Ally Science the answer – A Comparison of Atheism and Islam
    10.From Atheism to Belief: A Journey to Islam in North America by Dr. Jeffrey Lang (Part 1/17)

Thumb up 32 Thumb down 14

• Umm 'AbdAllah

I like your list, ma sha Allah.

You must be a Sh.Yasir Qadhi fan!

Thumb up 11 Thumb down 2

• firoz85

Huge Fan :) May Allah bless him and his progeny InshAllah. But i was not being biased in my list , If i was , i woulve included a few from another one of my favourites, Mufit Ishmael Menk from Zimbabwe :)

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

• Mohammad Zia

Salafi / ahl e hadith Speakers:

English speakers:
        Abul Abbaas Moosa Richardson (Musa Qayyum) (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
        Abu Ishaaq Nadeem
        Mustafa George DeBerry (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
        Abu Hafsa Kashif Khan (Saudi)
        Abu Mujahid Fareed Abdullah
        Abu Abdullah Awes alHashmi
        Abu Khadeeja Abdul Wahid
        Abu Hakeem Bilal Davis
        Abu Abdullah Hasan AsSomali
        Abu Muhammad Al Maghrabi
        Abu Sohail Umar Quinn
        Abu Abdis Salaam Siddiq al Juyaanee
        Abu Idrees Muhammad
        Shaikh Salim al-Amry (UAE)
        Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem (Saudi Arabia)

Urdu speakers:
        Dr. Murtaza Bin Bakhsh (Pakistan)
        Irshad ul haq Asri (Pakistan)
        Shaikh Abdullah Nasir Rahmani
        Shaikh Abdul Haseeb Madani (CIS Bangalore India)
        Shaikh Abdul Azeem Madani (CIS Bangalore India)
        Abu Zaid Zameer (Pune, India)
        Shaikh Tawseef ur Rahman
        Shaikh Meraj Rabbani
        Shaykh Wasiullah Muhammad Abbas (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
        Shaykh Muaz Abu Quhafah Nazeeri
        Shaykh Noorul Hasan Madani (CIS Bangalore India)

• ziaullah

I think that Ahmed Deedats –Is the Bible the word of God topic should be listed above with Jimmy Swaggart….. :)

Thumb up 7 Thumb down 2

2. Jez

No one should prefrence but you clearly have prefrenced one type of speaker over the other. Poor top ten

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 2

3. Abubakr

Jazakallah!!

It would be super awesome if you made the runner-ups click-able too.

WS

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 1

• Tariq Nisar Ahmed

It should almost be waajib for the author to do that, especially for the ones that are hard to find. :) And for the ones not on line, at least give a clue so that the pirates of Pakistan can burn them for us to DVD (that are often merely VCD’s).

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 3

4. Umm 'AbdAllah

Ma shaa Allah!

I like the line up of shyookh. I think it is a great choice, but I don’t fully agree with your ‘arrangements’. I’m looking forward to listening to the ones I have yet to listen to, so JazakAllahu khairan for sharing!

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 1

5. Raif

HOW about Sheikh Imran Hossein…. so far as i know..he’s the best on islamic eschatology , politics and economics

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 2

• Sara

I was thinking the same thing. How can Shaykh Imran Hosein not be on any top 10 list? He’s extremely knowledgeable, MashaAllah, and definitely a personal favorite.

JazakAllah khair to all for the recommends though. Looks like I have quite a few lectures to check out. :)

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

6. nayma kose

assalamu aliakum Br. Junaid,

You just made my homeschooling for the next 2 weeks so much more “awesome” and easier!

MAy Allah reward you.

Nayma

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

7. Umar

You have got to include some of Wajdi Abu Mussab Akari’s videos…He has a YouTube channel: Onewaytoparadise, and a website: onewaytoparadise.net

Once you’ve seen some of his videos, at least 5 of the top 10 will be compromised of his lectures. I have high hopes for him. :)

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 2

• Leo

I agree. His lecture on why music is haram is by far the best I’ve heard.
      He should be getting more hits.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

• ahlam

lol, that brother.My young sis keeps going on about him everytime she learns something new she says I learnt it from ”oneway2paradise” referring to his youtube channel . Yes, mashAllah ,his vids are very informative.

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

• Baig

I inspire from his Knowledge, but I absolutely disagree this way of presenting things, first of all he is a Wahabi (don’t get rage now). Thought i don’t have any problem with them, yet he need some correction for himself and correct his listeners too…..

8. WAJiD

“I ask that both Arabic and Urdu speakers forgive me, as I am a well-developed coconut.”

Anyone who is able to write that line clearly has a sense of humour and enough insight to be worth listening to.

In an age of plenty of Top Tens – whether I agree with your choices is irrelevant. JazakAllah khairun for making the effort to put it together and encouraging others to make their own Top Ten lists.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

9. Random Guy

Wisam Sharieff is THE GREATEST SPEAKER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 2

• DS

I SO AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WISAM SHARIEFF IS THE BESTESTTTTTT <3
      alhamdulilah

but subhanAllah, ALL speakers have GREAT characterisitics mashAllah la quwatta ila billah

may allah swt preserve them all and allow us to increase in our knowledge

• Cartoon M

I love the way he stresses his tajweed in his recitation. It’s contagious. My friend thought I was smiling during prayer, because I was trying to recite the way he does haha.

His lectures are always great and relate to what’s going on in our communities. May Allah reward him.

• saleem

Ass salaamu aalaykum varahamatullahi vabarakatu brother it’s not race that one should cross another in ranking but they are trying to convey peace to humanity.we should have to understand them not to rank them hope we should stop ranking or comparing one another.These speeches are not meant for ranking but for increasing our emaan in Allah(S.W.T) and his rasool Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)

10. UmmZayn

No Shaykh Mukhtar Maghraoui???

Thanks for sharing the list, am looking forward to going through them all. Can you also add links to the runner-ups, would like to hear them as well

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 2

11. Sister

May Allah bless them all.I love them all for the sake of Allah.Everyone has their unique style.Why to number them?

12. Mustafa

As Salaamu Alykum,

Nice list!!
    But, I probably would’ve but all Shakyh Hamza Yusuf in the top 5.

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 1

• vibenade

inspiring playlist! jazzakhair..
      but i have to agree with be..there should be Tariq Ramadan in the list somewhere : )

13. Farhan

I’d throw in Shaykh Yasir Qadhi’s “Debunking the male bias myth”. Not because I needed it debunked (an over-killed topic) but because it helped me understand the Mu’tazilites, and thereafter, the progressives and how they use western secular values as a standard to interpret Islam.

Shaykh Waleed Basyouni’s talk on extremism was pretty good too.

14. Khader Ali Khan

Sad to see no Awlaki’s work… at least runner up for Hereafter?

Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

• Umm Muhammad

That’s my sheikh right there! Rahimahullah #generationAwlaki :)

15. Junaid ibn Amjad

Asalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatahu

JazakAllah Khair to everyone for their feedback and comments. I think we should welcome any and all criticism, especially for very subjective posts like these. Please keep adding your suggestions and videos/lectures, so we can grow the above list. BarakAllahu Feek.

I suppose I wish I had added:

Sheikh Ismaili Musa Menk (good material Tafseer and Reasons for Revelations)
    Sheikh Jamal Zarabozo (Modernism in Islam, Purification of the Soul)
    Sheikh Abu Adnan (Contemporary Issues, Current Events)
    Sheikh Reda Bedeir (Tafseer Sura Yusuf)
    Sheikh Mokhtar Maghroui (good Tazkiyah lectures)

Anybody know a good/decent series on the Seerah? (Audio or Video)
    I know Sh. Kamal El-Mekki is currently doing a very interesting one, and Sh. Shady and Sh. Yasir Qadhi have done one…

Or anybody know of a lecture or series that combines the Qur’an and the Seerah? (i.e. tells us in what context a Surah was revealed, when its versus were revealed, reasons for revelation, the time and details and relationship to the Seerah, hadeeths, and important fundamental concept in building the Muslim character (i.e. Yaqeen and Tawakkul)?

• Ibrahim

I have a very good audio series on Seerah done by a Mauritanian ‘Allamah, based on the poem Qurratul Absaar. It is in Arabic. If anyone’s interested you may contact me.

• sher

brother ibrahim, i would like to listen to the arabic audio series on seerah by the mauritanian allama. how can i get em from u?

• mehmudah

shk anwar al awlaqi did a series of seerah lectures. i think you can find them on light upon light website

Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

• Athar Aasif Ansari

As salaam alaikum,

Brother….you had posted good list amongst all.I liked your efforts and i pray to Allah S.W.T. to give you more hidaaya to contribute your knowledge to all universal ummah. Regardless of any faith.

16. Frosama

Agreed Agreed. I’m definitely a huge fan of Nouman Ali Khan , he’s an awesome speaker.

My top ten list is pretty different but alhamdullilah we have so many good lectures to choose from so there will be difference.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

17. Liajul

Assalaamu ‘alaikum,

I really love “Islam and Ego” by Nouman Ali Khan. It is a strong wake up call for everyone to go to the right path and especially on how to correctly stay in it.

18. Muhammad

Are debates eligible to be part of your Top Ten?If yes then I will surely like to see the debate between Dr Zakir Naik and Dr William Cambhell on “Quran and Bible in the Light of Science” to top the chart.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

19. Daughter of Adam (AS)

I like the list! I would add Abu Ee’sa Niamatullah’s “A Love Story” which is the best lecture I have ever heard on guy/girl relationships, Dr. Ali Shehata’s lecture on the marriage of A’isha (RA) to Rasulullah (SAW), and Kamal El-Mekki’s Music in Islam lecture… the lecture about saving time by Muhammad Al-Shareef, and “Do you intend to question the messenger?”, “Muslims in the West: Our Future” and “Questions of the Youth” by Nouman Ali Khan.. who is my favorite speaker!

ohhh and Shaykh Hamza Yusuf’s lectures that fascinatingly often reflect some of the points Nouman Ali Khan brings up- for example, the “Intellectual Foundation of Islam”, and then Shaykh Hamza Yusuf’s reflections on several different ideas like “What Happened to Poetry?”, and the one with John Taylor Gatto on education.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

20. Michele

No sisters? Guess we should be used to this. I would definitely include Hamza Yusef, Dr. Maher Hathout and any of Dr. Jeffery Lang’s lectures as well.

21. Amad

Pls note that this list is the guest author’s personal choices and not by mm officially or unofficially :)
    Nice picks!

22. Taiyib

Wow. I completely disagree with this list. This is definately not the top ten lectures. I can see how All the traditional scholars were left out, apart from sheikh hamza yusuf and zaid shakir who came As runners up.
    Just wow, I suggest people listen these shuyukh who are an inspiration to the muslim world.
    Sheikh hamza yusuf, sheikh zaid shakir, sheikh Nuh Keller, sheikh babikr, sheikh habib ali, sheikh snoussi, sheikh habib umar bin hafiz, sheikh abdullah bin bayyah, sheikh Muhammad al yaqoobi.
    These are only just a few, but I think people should listen to these great scholars as well.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 2

23. muslimah

With due respect to all other scholars, Nouman Ali Khan has been a blessing to me!! I can’t express how much i love the weekly tafseer lectures at the bayyinah podcast. May Allah bless him!

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

• muslimah

yeah he has stopped after the last juzz. but Abdul Nasir Jangda is continuing with the 29th juzz on the same lines as Nouman Ali Khan did the last one. I think Nouman Ali Khan will do the 28th juzz again. I hope he does.

• muslimah

hey i thought i should i tell u this too. I was just listening to a lecture by Nouman Ali Khan and he said he has taken a break after the juzz amma. So, i guess that means he will be back:)

• Cartoon M

When he came to the masjid in my area, he was telling a group of us how he prepares for the weekly tafsir podcasts. It’s a lot of work! Especially with everything else he does. May Allah accept it from him.

• muslimah

wow mashaAllah! could tell me what he said?? i wanna know tooo!

24. forever a student of Islam

Salamu Alaikum bro!

The list you compiled is great mashaAllah and I cannot wait to start watching all of them. I am even recommending your article to friends so they can watch the videos as well. One thing though, I noticed that you don’t have Sheikh Salem Al-Amry at all on the list. He is an extremely truthful, intelligent and popular sheikh who is one of the sheikhs of PEACE TV. He always manages to deliver his point and make the audience wake up. MashaAllah, I recommend his lectures to you if you haven’t heard about him.

JazakaAllah kul khair for this effort.

• umm aman

assalamu alaikkum,
      alhamdulillah, atleast one has mentioned about sheikh salim al amry. . i was just scrolling through the comments to see if any one has mentioned his name atleast. Alhamdulillah, we have so many scholars and lectures to benefit from. I hope we are always in the learning mode and apply the knowledge given by Allah,subhnata’ala in our daily life before our time runs out. I make dua to Allah,subhnata’ala to bless the speakers and prolong their lives so that we can continue learning from them.

25. Tariq Nisar Ahmed

Here’s what I thought when I first saw the title of this piece: “What a great Facebook question this would make!”

Is there a FB app that lets you do a question where (1) people can add their own choices, as so many people wish to do here, and (2) still limit them to only 10 entries? If so, that would be a reason to join FB all by itself. :)

• JR

You can ask questions on fb. It’s called a facebook poll, and you can make it public so everyone can answer.

I would add that one should be very careful from whom they learn their Islamic knowledge. Not everybody who speaks nicely teaches correct aqidah, and not everybody who has correct knowledge and understanding is an inspirational public speaker.

Many times I have heard regarding well known speakers that “oh he is so intelligent, how can he be teaching and spreading shirk…” Simple answer: Stephen Hawking is “intelligent”, he is the biggest atheist of our generation…

• ahlam

Hamza tzortzis had a response on his blog for his latest book and exposed some of his fallacies.

• JR

All atheistic arguments can be picked apart and crushed. S. Hawking is a particularly peculiar character. In his past his belief in God has been dependent on his physical condition. He has said statements along the lines that he is smart. Why did god have to give him this body? Why couldn’t less intelligent people have been affected.
        I find statements like that amazingly arrogant. Instead of acknowledging the fact that God has given him his mind and his very existence, he choses to be ungrateful.
        The next someone tries to base their atheism on his work, a good response would be his atheism is based on his ingratitude/arrogance and his physics is tailored to fit with his preconceived belief. Anyway I don’t mean to go off the topic but just a few days ago I had an atheist try using the Stephen Hawking card. They knew nothing about physics, but said if a smart person like Hawking said it, it must be true.
        There are many other ways to crush atheism, but I’ll leave it there.

Assalumu alaykum

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

26. Daughter of Adam (AS)

This lecture is also so vital for us young people:

Ethics of Disagreement (Adab al-Ikhtilaf) …

• Mohammad Zia

Salafi / ahl e hadith Speakers:

English speakers:
      Abul Abbaas Moosa Richardson (Musa Qayyum) (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
      Abu Ishaaq Nadeem
      Mustafa George DeBerry (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
      Abu Hafsa Kashif Khan (Saudi)
      Abu Mujahid Fareed Abdullah
      Abu Abdullah Awes alHashmi
      Abu Khadeeja Abdul Wahid
      Abu Hakeem Bilal Davis
      Abu Abdullah Hasan AsSomali
      Abu Muhammad Al Maghrabi
      Abu Sohail Umar Quinn
      Abu Abdis Salaam Siddiq al Juyaanee
      Abu Idrees Muhammad
      Shaikh Salim al-Amry (UAE)
      Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem (Saudi Arabia)

Urdu speakers:
      Dr. Murtaza Bin Bakhsh (Pakistan)
      Irshad ul haq Asri (Pakistan)
      Shaikh Abdullah Nasir Rahmani
      Shaikh Abdul Haseeb Madani (CIS Bangalore India)
      Shaikh Abdul Azeem Madani (CIS Bangalore India)
      Abu Zaid Zameer (Pune, India)
      Shaikh Tawseef ur Rahman
      Shaikh Meraj Rabbani
      Shaykh Wasiullah Muhammad Abbas (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
      Shaykh Muaz Abu Quhafah Nazeeri
      Shaykh Noorul Hasan Madani (CIS Bangalore India)

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

27. AFM

One important line I read recently, ” Your religion is, what your life is, after the sermon ends”. Isn’t it thought provoking? I find sh. YQ’s ” A piece of the puzzle” very rejuvenating whenever I am low in mood. I expected it to be on the top ten list :-)

28. Muslimah

AslmAlykm

Amazing Lectures MashAllaaah. I would also include Depression vs. Contentment Lecture by Shaykh Sulaiman Mulla. Amazing mashAllaaah. The Arabic was beautiful, the English was simple, perfect, straightforward and to the point he even includes some Urdu all in one.

29. Mus'ab

Assalamu Alaikum,
    I dont think a top ten is possible because each lecture has its own importance Its saddening that Sheikh Bilal Assad found no mention. May Allah reward all the Shuyukh and bless us to benefit out of there lectures.

30. Verbage

Subhan’Allah I love that I got to hear 2 out of the 10 lectures on this list in person! And that AAMA made the list!

Also, I think the famous debate by Ahmed Deedat is a must-view.

31. Fawaz

As-salamu alaykum to all of u.

I think the list should be divided into categories,that way we can get lectures based on topics.

I have included only lectures in English or with English subtitles.

For lectures in languages other than English I would have included Dr Israr Ahmed (Urdu) and Sh. Muhammad Hassaan,Sh Arifi,Sh Aidh Al-Qarni (Arabic),Dr Muhammad Musa Ash-Shareef,Sh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi

Check this out:

(i)Category :Islam as the Truth
    ——————————————–
    a)Proof that Islam is the Truth by Abdur Raheem Green
    b)The Argument for Islam by Hamza Tzortzis (part of debate with atheist Ed Buckner)
    c)Miracles of Quran by Nouman Ali Khan
    d)Quran and Bible in the Light of Modern Science by Zakir Naik (debate with William Campbell)
    e)Evidence that the Quran is from Allah(God) -The Deen Show with Sabeel Ahmed

(ii)Dawah to atheists
    —————————–
    a)Proof that Islam is the Truth by Abdur Raheem Green
    b)The Existence of God & The Purpose of Life – Abdur Raheem Green
    c)The Argument for Islam by Hamza Tzortzis (part of debate with atheist Ed Buckner)
    d)Why does God permit suffering on earth? – Abdur Raheem Green
    e)Can we live better lives without religion? (Hamza Tzortzis debate)

(iii)Dawah to Christians
    ——————————–
    a)Islamic Trajectories in Early Christianity by Dr. Jerald Dirks
    b)Passion of the Christ? Did Jesus really die for the sins of the world? by Dr. Jerald Dirks
    c)Top Ten reason why Jesus is not God The Deen Show with Joshua Evans
    d)True Message of Jesus Christ by Dr Bilal Philips
    e)Which is True Salvation The Deen Show by Nouman Ali Khan
    f)Priest and preachers coming to Islam by Sh. Yusuf Estes
    g)Is Jesus God? debate with Sh Ahmed Deedat

(iv)Quran-Tafseer,reminders etc
    ——————————————–
    a)Bayyinah Dream Tafseer by Nouman Ali Khan
    b)Divine Speech by Nouman Ali Khan
    c)Dr Israr Ahmed (yes he has given Quran Dars in English
    too… but his Urdu Bayan Ul Quran is simply the best)
    d)Tafseer of Surah Hadeed by Sh Suhaib Hasan

—————
    a)The Mercy of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) – Bilal Assad
    b)Desert Rose by Muhammad Ash-Shareef
    c)Was Muhammad Really a Prophet? Kamal El Mekki on TheDeenShow
    d)Defending the Prophet against Orientalist critique
    e)Prophet Muhammad as The Warrior – Jalal ibn Sa’eed
    f)Mother of the Believers by Sh Suhaib Webb ……(note:to know what kind of husband he was)

(vii)lives of all Prophets

h)Once we were Men by Sh Tawfique Chowdury
    i)Life of Malcolm X by Imam Siraj Wahhaj

(xi)Spirituality
    —————–
    a)Why do we worship God? by Sh Yasir Qadhi
    b)The Power of Repentance – Sh. Yasir Qadhi
    c)How to Taste Sweetness of Prayer – Episode 1 – Mishary al-Kharaz (English Subtitles)
    –>Check out the whole series if u can understand Arabic
    d)The Meaning of the Tashahhud – Sh AbdulNasir Jangda

a)The Devil’s Deception in the New World Order – Abdullah Hakim Quick
    b)Who am I? By Sh. Abdur Raheem McCarthy
    c)Form Captive to Convert -by Sister Yvonne Ridley
    d)Gaza Through our Eyes by Sh Zahir Mahmood
    e)BBC Interview with Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef
    f)History of Palestine by Sh Suhaib Hasan

OK…Now I am tired!! (u know after all this typing)

Anyway check out these lectures and tell me what u think

Remember me in ur Duah’s

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

• sultana

awesme…..cantw8 to check dese out…can usuggest a link wr i can find dese???

32. Abu J

I think one is just wasting time initiating this kind of meaningless discussions, I dont think list like this should ever be entertained, even if it is just for info sake. Unless you have a Islamic Book shop and are selling these audio, then ok, understandable, Have you asked any Scholar whether this is allowed? No, not ask a Daee in the West, I mean a Scholar upon teh Sunnah from a Muslim country…..By doing this kind of list one is being unjust to the topic and all the leading Daees of the West and the Scholars based in all Muslim countries., as everyone has their own favourite speaker whether correct or not, whether the most important topic or not..

33. sister B

its good to see lists of ten very good lectures.. but i think we mustnt grade them. maybe the post title should be modified to – some of the best talks (10)

34. Nadeem_ashraf

Murtaza Khan . For many of his lectures. Check out THUGS OR MUGS
    Abdulwajid ( 90s) : sex , spliff and rock n roll
    Farid Qassim. Any of his lectures.
    Riyadh Ul Haq.
    Yusuf Estes

35. steveloveswwe

I think you should re-title the article as: “Top Ten Islamic English Lectures of All Time.”

36. Kshahid

What? Where is  Imran Hosein? I wont assume the worst, perhaps you forgot or did not understand him. Thanks for the list tough. Salam!

37. Lol

did everyone forget about sheikh muhammad abduljabbar … brothers i advice you to listen to him great and inspirational

38. 1islam

Awlaki did some great series. Should make the list easy! His series available at kalamullah.com

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

39. Guest

‘Top Ten Islamic Lectures of All Time’ and you have no scholars on here, that sums up the level of knowledge of the people of our time.  May Allah guide us all.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

40. a muslim

May Allah reward you for this work but I thought Anwar Al Awlaki would be on of them, the amount of work Anwar Al Awlaki has done is amazing.Maybe he is not in one of the top because he talks jihaad

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

• Umm Muhammad

May Allah have mercy on his soul. He revived the youth, he awakened many from slumber. His ‘Hereafter’ and ‘Lives of the Prophets’ Series are incredible. I know people avoid talking about him due to what happened surrounding the last few years of his life (Rahimahullah) but whether we ‘rate’ him or not, his lectures are witnesses and they live on..still reviving the youth and instilling the love of this beautiful deen, and encourages many of us to strive for our eternal home. Jannah in shaa Allah.

May we all meet there some day, ameen

41. Ali Bhatti

Sh. Hamza Yusuf’s videos – ESP his video on DAJJAL and the New World Order – it’s my favorite!

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

42. Salman

“The Reckoning” by Muhammed Andul Jabbar – I think you should put this one cos its a really Powerful lecture, MashAllah.

43. Zulfikar

Brothers… I really think that one name is missing, A very important one. Someone whom I consider a teacher… Our beloved Sheikh Ahmed Deedat… How can we not enlist his lectures in the top 10???

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

44. Farah

who r the people of taqwa- Nouman Ali khan …one of my all time fave.
    also lectures of br. kamal el mekki n sh abdul nasir jangda are v nice
    great list!!!

45. abu Yunus

This is a very subjective list. What you consider to be top ten might be considered very differently by someone else

46. ladan

you forgot MUFTI MENK !!!!!! if you havn’t heard of him, he will no doubt be one of your favorites, he has a way with words , very well spoken mash’allah,!!!!!

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

47. Jamil S

1. A Party in Paradise and a Party in the Hellfire / trans to English
    2. The purpose of Life by Khaled Yasin
    3. The priorities of a Muslim by Shaykh Bilal Philips
    4. The Oneness and Uniqueness of Allah (Tawheed) by Shaykh Bilal Philips
    5. Purpose and worship of Allah (Chapter 1 of Kitab at-Tawheed) by Shaykh Abu Suhaib Bassam
    6. Effects of Good Example by Shaykh Moosa bin Nasir/ Trans
    7. A mercy to Mankind by Shaykh Abu Suhaib Bassam
    8. The conditions of the Shahadah by Dr Saleh as Saleh
    9. The Life of Salman al-Farsi (His quest in seeking ilm) by Abu Usamah Adh-Dhahabi
    10. The Companions by Shaykh Ali Hasan alHalabi /trans

48. Abu Moosaa

I just like to say its not about how powerful a lecture or lecturer is or how beneficial it was or about the person who is delivering the topic, as this is not what islamic knowledge is about, but rather its about deriving this ilm from the correct sources and from the correct people of ilm and students of ilm. Which is; the Book of Allah, the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad and the manhaj, methodology and faham, understanding the teacher is upon. Anyone whether islamic qualified or not can teach and give Dawah, but the condition is they must possess ilm and know what they are talking about of the subject at hand. So it is a requirement and safer to stick to the well known Scholars and Daees known for adhering to the Book of Allah, the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad and the manhaj, methodology and faham, understanding. As we have too many Daees giving Dawah and calling to their own way or principles other than Ahlus Sunnah.

*Comment slightly edited by Comments Team*

49. idris al afghani

MY TOP TEN IF ANYONE CARES: (I GUESS THESE EFFECTED ME THE MOST)

1. AHMED THE REPENTER (BILAL ASSAD – A GURANTEE CRY, I GIVE TO BROTHERS TELL THEM IF THEY DONT CRY I GIVE THEM $50)

2. ISLAM AND EGO (NOUMAN ALI KHAN)

3. A WINDOW TO ISLAM (KHALID YASIN)

4. BIBLE OR QURAN DEBATE WITH JIMMY SWAGGART (AHMED DEEDAT)

5. STORY OF IBRAHIM (LIFE OF PROPHETS SERIES – ANWAR AL AWALKI)

6. PROOF ISLAM IS THE TRUTH (ABDURRAHMAN GREEN)

7. THOSE WHO DESIRE PARADISE (BILAL ASSAD)

8. BEHIND ENEMIES PILOT (SHIEKH FIEZ)

9. LIKE A GARMENT (YASIR QAHDI)

10. PARADISE (ANWAR AL AWALKI – HEREAFTER SERIES)

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

50. zahoor

Khalid yaseens’ STRANGERS, FROM THE ROOT TO THE FRUIT, PURPOSE OF LIFE AND TRUE SUCCESS must be among top ten

51. O H

Some of my favourite speakers are Shaykh Abu Adnan (contemporary issues, politics, etc), Shaykh Shady Suleiman (extremely motivating), Brother Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari (good sense of humour and unique style of presenting), Shaykh Ali Tamimi (Islamic creed and fundamentals), Nouman Ali Khan (Tafseer), Bilal Phillips (Tawheed), Shaykh Feiz (motivating the youth and honour of Islam), Shaykh Mohammad Salah and Assim al Hakeem (Huda Tv Fiqh questions) and Belal Assad (heart softeners). That’s sort of my top 10 list of speakers!

52. Sumayya

Dr Israr Ahmads lectures are phenomenal. His lectures are in Urdu, if only they were in English for everyone to listen to! seriously you dont know what your missing out on. I think some of his lectures are translated but not too sure. Nouman Ali Khan has also spoken of him.

He was such an intelligent and inspiring individual; with so much devotion to his deen! May Allah grant in Jannah.Ameen.

53. iffy

Jazakallah for putting this list together, jazakallah for taking the time out to even care to pick out 10 great lectures. Yes, there are many more but I am just so grateful that you compiled this list, because it has given me so much motivation and guidance that I will pray allah swt rewards you for your effort. You will never know just how much you have helped me.

May you be rewarded abundantly

54. Riyaz