Uncomparable Love – Yasir Qadhi khutbah in Chicago on March 14, 2008

Shaykh Yasir Qadhi gave a khutbah at Islamic Foundation masjid in Villa Park, IL last Friday. He was in town to attend the Americal Oriental Society’s 2008 Call For Papers, and when he came in Friday morning came to our local masjid and delivered a khutbah people have been begging for a copy of it to listen to again. Alhumdulillah, with the help of some brothers, we have it here for your listening or downloading pleasure.

[audio:http://www.wasatstudios.com/audio/yasir_qadhi_uncomparable_love.mp3]
[Download: Visit here to download]

The khutbah is entitled “Uncomparable Love.” Love? Is it a marriage talk? Gender interactions? We’ll leave it up to you to figure out just which love Shaykh Yasir is talking about by listening and/or downloading the khutbah yourself. Enjoy :)

Get more of our great articles.
22 / View Comments

22 responses to “Uncomparable Love – Yasir Qadhi khutbah in Chicago on March 14, 2008”

1. WM says:

:) I hope MM can let us know how Sh Yasir’s doctorate stuff is going…I hope it’s going well, insha Allah.

2. Harun says:

It should be Incomparable, not uncomparable.

JazakAllah khayr though.

3. FunSpoiler says:

Okay….i’ll spoil everyone’s fun. The topic is parents!

4. Ammar Diwan says:

nooooooooooooooooo…how could you!

I initially thought it was God’s love for us :)

5. ibnabeeomar says:

uncomparable is a synonym for incomparable, but i did have to check the dictionary to make sure :)

6. Moon says:

For those of us who have lost one or both parents you will know that just as their love is uncomparable, so is the pain at their death. When that door is closed you will spend your entire life yearning for their protection, as the Sheikh says no one will love or care for you as much as your parents.

Someone described this loss to me once when i was trying to make sense of it as; losing a parent is like a deep wound it will heal over time but will always leave a scar, at the time i didnt fully comprehend this but as time passes i see that scar daily knowing it is something i will never be able to change.

Do all you can for your parents when they are here, because when they are taken you will always have regrets.

May Allah allow us to be with those whom we love, forgive our parents and enter them into jannat al firdous. Ameen Ya Rabb!

7. A says:

SubhaanAllaah, such an emotional topic…

“Do not underestimate the joy that you will bring your mother by calling her upon the phone, do not underestimate that; the love that she will feel…”

:’(
    رب ارحمهما كما ربياني صغيرا
    رب ارحمهما كما ربياني صغيرا
    رب ارحمهما كما ربياني صغيرا

8. taha says:

brother yasir , i am from KASHMIR and i want u to reccomend me some course in shariah banking?WAT IS UR EMAIL?

9. Farooq says:

Jazak Allah Khair for posting this awesome khutbah! Masha’Allah Sh Yasir is amazing, may Allah (swt) grant him the best of this life and the next, ameen.

10. […] I was formulating my thoughts on this post, I finally got around to burning a certain lecture by Yasir Qadhi on CD and listening to it in the car. I finished listened to it. I was blown away. Then I listened […]

11. Ahmed says:

MashAllah!! According to me this is the best Qutbah ever….

Edited

12. I absolutely love this khutbah. I’ve listened to it a few times and its such beautiful logic that really sees past so much more than what normally ones perception comprehends. just a great khutbah. thanks for posting it.

13. Ms Kulsum Saeed says:

HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD VIDEOS OF YASIR GADHIS LECTURES. PLS ADVISE

14. […] Or maybe I need to listen to Sh. Yasir Qadhi’s “Uncomparable Love“. […]

15. […] posted a Khutbah a while back by Sh. Yasir Qadhi entitled Uncomparable Love. The transcript for that khutbah is […]

16. […] We posted a Khutbah a while back by Sh. Yasir Qadhi entitled Uncomparable Love. The transcript for that khutbah is below. May Allah (swt) reward Bint AbelHamid for doing the transcription. […]

17. Anisa says:

May Allah reward you, ameen

18. Fawzia says:

SubhanAllah- even though I’ve listened to this lecture a million times…every single time it affects me. Sh. Yasir has so beautifully spoken about the parents and their status, Mashallah.

19. ayesha says:

where can i get the transcribed noted of this lecture?…im in a hurry

20. […] our mothers made for us, every minute that she carried us in her womb. We should feel daily  the love she showed and continues to show every day of our lives. We should remember daily, the sleepless nights she […]

21. Jawwad Rafique says:

This lecture can be found here: