A Dua to Literally Boost Your Energy!

As-salaamu alaykum,

I would like to share with you one dua’a through a story which will cause a positive effect in your life starting from the night you practice it, in shaa Allah.

Fatimah and Ali, her husband, –may Allah be pleased with them- were known to be a hardworking couple. Fatimah kept her house as clean as possible, assisted her husband with his needs and used to feed the animals they owned. Whatever “automatic” machines we have today used to be done “manually” during Fatimah’s time such as: washing the dishes, doing laundry…etc.

One day Fatimah, complained to her husband, Ali –may Allah be pleased with them-, about how tiring the house work has been on her. Her hands were getting very rough and she was physically getting really exhausted. Ali, told her: “your father has received prisoners of war, so go to him and request one of them in order to provide us with support.” At that time, it was a known practice that some prisoners of war could be sent to certain homes to serve them.

Upon knowing that, Fatimah went to her father’s house, Muhammad -ﷺ-, to explain the situation she was in and to notify him of the dire need of having some extra help at home. When Fatimah arrived to her father -ﷺ-‘s house Aisha the wife of the prophet -ﷺ- opened the door and told Fatimah that her father, Muhammad -ﷺ- was not home. Fatimah eventually told Aisha about the purpose of her visit and then she returned back home.

Not too long after that the Prophet -ﷺ- went back home and Aisha told him about Fatimah’s visit. The Prophet -ﷺ- upon hearing that, being the great father he is, went right away to the house of Fatimah and Ali. Once he arrived, he sat with Fatimah and Ali and taught them this priceless dua’a, found in Sahih Al-Bukhari, which every one of us should start practicing every single day.

Get more of our great articles.

The Prophet -ﷺ- said to them: “ألا أدُلُكُمَا على خيرٍ ممَّا سأَلْتُمَا ؟” shall I not guide you and direct you to something better than what you have asked for?

• “إِذَا أَوَيْتُمَا إِلَى فِرَاشِكُمَا” When you go to bed:
    • “فَسَبِّحَا ثَلاَثًا وَثَلاَثِينَ”  do tasbeeh 33 times (i.e. say Subhana Allah)
    • “وَاحْمَدَا ثَلاَثًا وَثَلاَثِينَ” do hamd 33 times (i.e. say Alhamdo lillah)
    • “وَكَبِّرَا أَرْبَعًا وَثَلاَثِينَ” do takbeer 34 times (i.e. say Allahu akbar)
  • “فَهْوَ خَيْرٌ لَكُمَا مِنْ خَادِمٍ” for that is better for you than having a servant.

Allahu akbar! A prescription prescribed to you from our Beloved Prophet -ﷺ- for an energy boost. I expect energy drink sales to drop after spreading this hadith :)  Say subhana Allah 33 times, Alhamdo lillah 33 times and Allahu akbar 34 times as you go to bed and, as some scholars further explained, you will then have more energy the following day as if you had a servant supporting you or that you wouldn’t be as tired or as exhausted while doing your daily work.

Ali –may Allah be pleased with him- said that he never went to bed afterwards without saying this dua’a even during the toughest days of his life. I ask Allah to assist you in remembering Him and bless what has remained in your life. Do your best to share this dua’a with your family and friends.

Wassalaamu alaykum,

Your Brother Majed Mahmoud

18 / View Comments

18 responses to “A Dua to Literally Boost Your Energy!”

1. Anonymous says:

Thank u,thank u my brother the spirit of oneness and love of Islam is really in u,iam happy over this du a message may Allah strengthen u and grant u more wisdom ameen,, Yusuf Nuhu

2. mr.who says:

// “….for that is better for you than having a servant.”
    A prescription prescribed to you from our Beloved Prophet -ﷺ- for an energy boost //

On what basis did you interpret “….for that is better for you than having a servant.” as having an energy boost?

• Anonymous says:

The context for which it was relvealed clearly indicates that this is a source of assistance similar to that of having an extra set of hands IMHO.

• Jamal says:

Ibn Al Qayyim (may Allah bestow mercy on his soul) said: “Remembrance of Allah gives a person power that a person shall not get but when he says it. I have seen the amazing power of Shaykh of Islam Ibn Taymiyah in his walk, speech, bravery, and writing.” Then, he mentioned the above-mentioned Hadith and commented: “It was said: whoever says that frequently shall find power in his body to suffice him of having a servant.” Al Wabil As-Sayyib (p. (155-156).
      Ibn Al Qayyim (may Allah bestow mercy on his soul) reported from the Shaykh of Islam Ibn Taymiyah that he said: “We have heard that who keeps on saying these words will not find weakness due to work and others.” Al Wabil As-Sayyib (p. 206).

3. Mona says:

JazakAllah Khair Brother Majed for this beautiful reminder. How often do we overlook simple duas like this, forgetting the monumental impact such small deeds can have on our Iman and akhira? Let us never overlook even the easiest of hasanat. We look forward to more beautiful reminders Brother Majed! BarakAllah feek.

4. Amir says:

Salam. JazakAllah Khair. Just wondering, how does this hadith indicate that your energy levels are guaranteed to go up? The reason I am critical is not to be mean. The reason is, I want to make sure that we are deriving the lessons properly from the texts of the Quran and Sunnah and not extrapolating things except upon clear baseerah. Of course, I have done that many times, and I still do have energy problems. So a person in my state, would maybe feel more despair upon hearing a du’a that is “guaranteed to work” like your title page describes, yet it doesn’t provide the promised results, thereby decreasing one’s confidence in Islam overall. Jazbzakallah Khair, and may Allah make us all sincere and truthful, and make our hearts connected to the Quran and Sunnah.

• M.Mahmud says:

Assalamualaikum
      Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
      Make mention of Allah with good attention to what you are saying and inshaa Allah this ia your solution

• Lin says:

“…Tie your camel & trust in Allah.” I have had significant results with removing wheat, sugar, & dairy from my diet. I must warn you, doing this requires A LOT of prayers! Alhumdulillah!

5. hisham says:

Jazakallahu khair

6. jannath says:

Jazakallahu khair

7. JazakAllah khair this uplifting article that gives us such simple yet beneficial advice. I plan to share it with others inshaAllah

8. Aisha says:

Assalamu Alaikkum

I am in 10 std i was the topper till 9th std i now hav difficulty in studying…i donno whts wrong in me…n my grandpa n grandma passed away in next next years…i donno if im in tht depression or wht…sometimes i feel tht there is some black magic done or sometime depression…plz tell me clearly any dua to study well n score good marks..n i din tell mom as she may get scared..n whn i sit to study i don feel like studying as all my frndz hav completed the portion .im feeling jealous nly i sãy…i was nt lyk tht i hav changed nly now…i don wan b like this someone tell me duas n steps to meet out my trouble..plz…very urgent…waiting for a reply….

• Anon says:

I don’t know if you are still having this problem, but if you are this is my advice – I am also sitting my exams right now.
      Do 2 rakat salatut tauba (forgiveness and promise to never sin again iA) and then 2 rakat salatul hajat (need). Make dua for your needs and have faith that Allah will accept your dua
      Keep me on your duas too.

9. Aisha says:

Ya Allah koyi meri madath karoo..plz help my board exams r approaching…Allah sabka bhala karein..

10. Ramesha says:

Dear brother! Thank you so very much for telling us this beautiful dua. May Allah bless you. Ameen.

11. Bushra says:

Thanks a lot for sharing this beautiful story with us.. From today onwards I’ll definitely read this before going to bed in any circumstances..May Allah swt bless us all with the best.. Alhamdulillah