'Īd is a day of happiness and joy. During the day, we do things that we normally don't do outside of 'Īd. For example, we get up really early and get dressed up in fancy clothes and then we spend an hour or so saying takbeers. We gather with family, friends and community whom we haven't see for a long time. After the prayer, we may eat breakfast out (IHOP anyone?) and then go for an 'Īd party with loved ones or wish them over the phone or Skype.
To share our readers 'Īd with the world, MuslimMatters is hosting “The Best 'Īd Instagram Photo 2012″ contest.From intimate dinners between close friends to great community galas, from gifts to money distribution, from kheer to donuts we want to capture them all. It is really simple; we are looking for the best photograph that represents 'Īd in your locality or where ever you pray, around the world, inshā'Allāh.
To compete in MuslimMatters Best 'Īd Instagram Photo 2012 Contest:
- You must be following Muslimmatters on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (BOD/staff/associates/writers can participate but may not be eligible for prizes).
- Instagram your photo out with hashtag #MMeid, (please add a description of the picture), by submitting the photo you are agreeing with our official rules.
- Our staff will select 10 finalists and reserves the right to delete submissions if they do not conform to the MM graphics policy.
- MM readers will vote and choose the Top 3 photographs.
- The prizes are:
- First place winner prize: $500
- Second place winner prize: $300
- Third place winner prize: $200
- Fourth to 10th place winners: will all win a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Photos must be submitted between August 19th to August 26th, 2012.
- Photos must be taken between August 19th to August 26th, 2012.
- The theme of the photos must show the 'Īd spirit and relate to family, community, prayer, children, decor or food. We will be judging based on capturing the 'Īd spirit.
- One picture per participant, so make it a good one. The Submission must be entrant's original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by the entrant.
- You must agree to the terms and conditions of the contest listed below.
- Finalists will be announced August 28th and polling will end September 2nd, 2012.
- Winners will be announced on September 3rd, inshā'Allāh. If there is any dispute regarding identity of entrant the official account holder of the Instagram account or email address will be recieve the prize money.