As promised earlier in the week, here is the first instalment of our regular, weekly Islamic Art feature.

If you want to see your work on MM, then either email us your images to art[@]muslimmatters[.]org or submit them to our Flickr group.

Inside Masjid Koutobia, Marrakech

Inside masjid Koutobia, Marrakech - by mushowish

Hanging Laundry, Egypt - by TheMuslimHousewife

Hanging Laundry, Egypt - by TheMuslimHousewife

Proud to be Muslim - by abou ilias

Proud to be Muslim - by abou ilias

Visit the MuslimMatters Flickr group to view the other entries…

Note: all the images presented in our Islamic Art feature are copyrighted to the original producers. Do not reproduce them without seeking their prior consent.

16 Responses

• kk

I took the camel pic :) it was so cute subhanAllah
      i love the other pics…it is really hard to choose which one I like best. for pick of the month it would be better to choose from the images published on MM i think!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

1. sincethestorm

I really like the first one…esp. because the 2 people at the end are in sujood

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

2. ihafidh

I really liked the “Masjid Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz” photo from the flikr page. Just beautiful Islamic artwork.
    I had to download it and set it as my wallpaper. Hope you don’t mind.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

3. aamer khan

my favorite is the “proud to be muslim” poster. wish the font was either universe or helvetica though.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

4. ayesha

cant veiw the stuff in flickr!!!…….site blocked for me!!! :(

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

5. Imtiaz

Is it possible for us to like have a weekly vote and then the winner gets labeled MM Picture of the week ? or something ?

Interactivity … i feel left in the cold :(

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

6. Mushowish

sincethestorm: I’d like to pretend that i waited patiently until the two brothers were doing sujood, to the beauty of the picture, but that would be a lie. I just got lucky.

mcpagal: The arches in the inside were really beautiful. Although the carpet, not as soft as it looks :( Sadly the mosque was really empty for Zuhr, makes you wander, when your in a muslim country and so few lines for salah in the mosque, (although magrib was packed at one of the other mosques, so might just be the location of the mosque)

Will be interested to see next weeks beauties

Mushowish

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

7. iMuslim

@ihafidh: The image doesn’t belong to us, but rather to the person who took the photo – so it’s not for us to mind, or not mind. :)

@ayesha: I think some countries block the Flickr site for some reason… where are you based?

@Imtiaz: I feel your pain! ;) I understand the need for interactivity, however for a weekly feature, it probably wouldn’t be feasible, as photos submitted earlier in the week will get more exposure, hence more votes, than those submitted later in the week.

However, we are thinking of doing a “Pick of the Month” feature, insha’Allah. Still have to figure out how to do it… for example, we could allow readers to select their favourite from the selected images we have published here on MM. Or we could allow readers to select from the entire pool of submitted images for that month – but that might be a lot of images to get through…

Which system do you guys think is better?

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

8. ayesha

@iMuslim……yea looks like its blocked for us here-in the emirates……i admire art work and was looking forward to see the pics!!…saaad!!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

9. Omar

Muslim 4 Eva
    I am Proud To be Muslim
    Islam In my heart
    Allah My only God
    Muhammad is my prophet
    islam is religion of peace
    I Love Muhammad ( sala allah 3lih wa salam)
    I Love Allah (3az wa gal)
    Muslim 4 eva