Note: Those who are signed up to the mailing list, whether it be via Googlegroups or Facebook, received advance notice of the posting of this quiz, thus giving them the edge in the race to getting the correct answers in. A practice we’ll continue in the future. The point? Sign up for our mailing lists for advance notice of such special events :)!
JazakumAllah Khair for the patience. The answers are attached. For any disputes, you’ll have to battle it out with Shaykh Yasir :)
Well, with the month of Ramadan officially over (may Allah accept our good deeds and allow us to witness many more!), we have the chance once again to reacquaint ourselves with the Book of Allah. Many of us heard it during tarawih, many others read it cover to cover, and those who were blessed by Allah did both!
So, in order to test how well we were paying attention, here’s a short ‘Quran quiz‘ involving simple facts that anyone can look up (note: the tajwid questions are based upon the reading of Hafs).
And as part of MM’s goal of increased reader interactivity, the FIRST THREE people to e-mail us the correct response will get Dar-us-Salam gift certificates
Bismillah, let the games begin:
- List ALL the verses in the Quran in which all 28 letters of the Arabic alphabet occur (all 28 in one verse).
- In which Surah does the Divine Name ‘Allah’ occur in every verse?
- List the three longest words in the Quran.
- There are eight species of insects (and bugs) mentioned in the Quran – what are they?
- List three verses in the Quran that begin with the letter sheen ش; and then three other verses that begin with the letter daal د .
- List one verse in the Quran that begins with the letter dha ظ ; then list one verse that finishes with the letter daad ض.
- Typically, the Quran mentions the ‘heavens’ before the ‘earth’, as in ‘Allah created the heavens and earth.’ How many times in the Quran does the opposite occur (‘earth’ mentioned before ‘heaven’), and where?
- Mention a series of seven consecutive verses in the Quran, each of which ends with two DIFFERENT names of Allah, for a total of fourteen unique names at the ends of these seven verses.
- In which verse does the meem sound م occur FIVE times consecutively, without any letter in between breaking this consecutive series?
- Mention the FIVE prophets whom Allah informed of their coming before they were born.
Start reading and researching, and remember: these questions were chosen with YOU in mind, no detailed knowledge of tafsir or aqidah or hadith needed to respond!
1st Prize: $75 Gift Certificate from Dar-us-Salam
2nd Prize: $50 Gift Certificate from Dar-us-Salam
3rd Prize: $25 Gift Certificate from Dar-us-Salam
- Send your answers to email@example.com
- You will not get any confirmation whether your answers are right or wrong
- When we get three correct answers, the e-mail address will be disconnected, and your e-mail may bounce.
- Do not post answers or hints of any sort in comments. That will be grounds for disqualification.
- We will use e-mail time-stamps to determine winners.
- We have the right to end the contest and declare winners based on highest number of correct answers, if we do not receive 100% correct answers in a timely fashion.