Week of 3/26 – 4/1 (updates posted as possible):
- T-shirts: Imitation? A thorough, yet concise summary on “traditional” vs “Western” ensembles as it relates to imitation of the non-Muslims at Br. Salman's blog.
- Four Principles for a Noble Character by Ibn al-Qayyim posted here (doesn't Ibn al-Qayyim rh come up with the most beautiful and spiritual contemplations?)
- Hood debunks the oft-repeated misrepresentations of Islamic Hudood laws (capital punishment) with regards to rape and adultery: here, here and here. An important read for Muslim activists who have to deal with the wrath of the media and islamaphobes.
- A nice reminder on mothers (with “Mother's Day” approaching; for Muslims, every day is Mother's day!) on AE.
- The Mufti situation is getting a bit 'strange' over yonder in Australia. So, why does Australia need a Mufti?? Austrolabe comments.
- Kashif comments on a post about Muslims and Ethiopia, which left him a “bit baffled”.
- Sunni Sister comments on the NY Times propaganda, entitled “New Translation Prompts Debate“.
Amad: “Isn't it amazing that someone who ADMITS that she doesn't know Arabic, can claim to 'translate' Qurʾān? And because that translation conforms to how 'they' like it, she gets NY Times coverage?! It is like the major newspapers and media outlets are announcing:
“All Muslims, once-Muslims, Muslim-apostates, or never- Muslim – but – your – name – is-Muslim: Come one, come all, for free coverage and free promotion. All you have to do is either (a) claim to reform Islam or (b) tell us how bad Islam really was to you and is for all Muslims. This is your ticket to the American dream, fame and the almighty dollars. You'll get it all!
Disclaimer: Please note that any real Islamic knowledge or really any knowledge at all is not a prerequisite for the promotion”.
Which reminds me that I am working on a translation of the Hebrew-edition of Old Testament. My zero knowledge of Hebrew should be no impediment, as there are plenty of google translation engines available. I will also promise all humanity that the new translation will include a clear reference to Muḥammad, as the Messenger of Allāh. That way Moslems and Jews can have peace in the Middle-East. The end justifies the means of course. Stay tuned… (NY Times, you can reach me on my personal email for the scoop, please also mention the moolah ;) ).”
- Sr. Umm Yusuf gathers some excellent tips for da‘wah.